The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The Wayback Machine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
If you were teleported from back in time, lets say from 100 years ago to today, and you saw a computer, you would think it was magic.

Well even us current techno geeks can get wowed and amazed by a computer now and then,

I just used a feature on the archive.org website called The Wayback Machine. The Wayback Machine allows you to see websites and webpages as they appeared back in time.

So I went back in time to magiclegends.com who are major online sellers of Tenyo magic.

I was able to locate their Tenyo page from December 3, 2003 to see what was widely available at that time and what the prices were.

How about a Mirror Mate marked down from $10.95 to $8.76, Mystery China Box for $27.95 or a Mino Morphosis for $34.95.

Go back to April 18, 2000 (the oldest archived Tenyo page) and you can see Bare Bones for $14.95, Eye of the Idol for $21.95 or Geometrick for $9.95.

The Wayback Machine has archived 60 versions of the Magic Legends Tenyo page going all the way back to 2000.

Check it out.
I hope this link works.
http://web.archive.org/web/2000041809034......gic.html
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
....wow this Wayback Machine is awesome.......I was able to see a website I create 11 years ago and that is shut down since about 5 years...awesome!!!
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Yes, it's a cool site for sure and will become increasingly important in law enforcement circles in the future. This is why I tell people to be careful what they post online, it literally doesn't go away, in some cases even if you delete your data.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
It is not perfect, but it really had what I was looking for regarding the Magic Warehouse information.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Fun website, thanks for the link!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Believe it or not - those pices aren't totally impossible even nowadays if you're lucky...
Only two years ago I encountered a wholesaler who needed to get rid of his magic line (because he changed his range of goods). He was grateful about my interest and gave me additional discounts if I take the whole lot.
Among were such ridiculous goodies like Confined Cubes for EUR 4.90 / $6.30 (and that's only one example) - of course, I couldn't resist, and now I have what must be the biggest Confined Cubes collection in a private household...! Smile
So, keep searching around guys - even a mint Floating Lady can be found!! (only two months ago)
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » The Wayback Machine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL