The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Logical Deck - Touson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
This looks the new utility device for card tricks... but are the marks really well disguised??
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2012-01-26 03:08, Nicolino wrote:
This looks the new utility device for card tricks... but are the marks really well disguised??

As long as you keep the marked edge away. If the spectator sees the marked end, he will see blobs or red and back ink on the left end. I don't think it would give the secret completely away as there appears to be no pattern, just globs of color. So far I have had no trouble keeping the end away from the spectator's vision.
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Have to say I quite like this

As per the post above you will need to ensure the spectator doesn't see one end of the deck. With regards shuffling which was my concern there's no reason why the deck can't be overhand shuffled or if your confident that the spectator isn't clumsy when it comes to shuffling you could let them. Personally I don't think its necessary for the spectator to shuffle because they can see you fairly mixing the deck up and you can then spread the deck to show its mixed nature and that all the cards are different. As for deducting the chosen card going on concerns mentioned above the deck is perfectly squared before being handed back to you to put in the box. As for deducting the spectators card I picked up the system within five minutes.

There is no DVD with this just written instructions however they are well produced almost mirroring in style to the instructions you get with Tenyo tricks. Also a bonus routine which will involve the use of an Invisible deck.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Thanks Devin - but the way you describe it, isn't there a minor chance the trick fails depending on how the spectator turns over his card??
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10485 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Exactly.

If the card is spun around - highly possible - then ...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3327 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Clearly demonstrating the action and possibly butting the hot end against the case might reduce the chance for error. This of course would mean you would have to case the deck to get the read. I am intriqued with the possibilities with this deck...

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Yeah, my question was more theoretical, admittedly - there's no question that one can handle this issue with slight audience management.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3327 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Now I am thinking if I just have them put a card in your new Mati envelope I may not need this deck...
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
If the card is turned end for end, the trick will not work. No way. You have to ensure it is turned over sideways.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10485 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Together now...

A U D I E N C E M A N A G E M E N T
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
Audience mgt. with your back turned away from the one with total control over the cards and as a result the outcome of the effect. This is risky when by just using a different method and regular m_____ deck similar results can be achei ved. My main concern is the ability to read the marks quickly and correctly.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2012-01-26 20:38, drphil wrote:
Audience mgt. with your back turned away from the one with total control over the cards and as a result the outcome of the effect. This is risky when by just using a different method and regular m_____ deck similar results can be achei ved. My main concern is the ability to read the marks quickly and correctly.

The marks can be read in about 2 seconds with NO CHANCE of failure. This is why I love this deck so much. I don't wish to expose anything, but let's just say when the card is reversed it is the only mark you can see on the right side of the deck and the mark is so clever there is no way to misread it. That is why it only takes about 2 seconds. Ingenious! Just how he marks the deck this way is the secret you are buying.

Devin
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
I know how the deck works also my only concern is if I will be able to see the marks. I have read from others that say the deck is hard to see the marks. Of course everyone's eyesight is different and what may be easy for some might be difficult for others. I 'm just relaying comments from others who have the original deck by Musada.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
True, Phil, even more when you also have to discern two colours. But still an intriguing idea/deck....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
Nicolino I couldn't agree more great idea and it might be worth a try. Will wait for more reviews.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3305 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Well that was a waste of $32 for me. I luv marked decks but this would be the worst I've ever seen. You have to have it stacked which makes the marking not really needed. Plus the markings are at one end, so you have to do a hindu shuffle @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ it goes from bad to worse. The markings are terrible. You could not make a more complicated system if you set out to do so. Oh well, when a new thread comes up for worst buy for 2012, I'll be able to contribute, in fact I could probably go back quite a few years with this baby for my worst buy. How the hell someone thought this was practical is beyond me. Of course this is just my opinion, but I strongly suggest asking to look at this before buying. For me 1 out of 10 only because I'll get some use from it for my ambitous card routine and giving away the signed card. Very dissappointing
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10485 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I saw it a few days ago - a local friend here does not have a Café account but I am trying to encourage him to post his own review.

He found some interesting and helpful tweaks to make it work and it actually (with tweaks) is a pretty cool & unique I think. But it does need some management.

Look for his review (Tom) and if he does post lets give him a big Café welcome...
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3305 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Ha, LOL, he must be a miricle worker, but look forward to hearing what he thinks.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Thanks Brett, this is why I love the Café, we get to hear the two sides of the story.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3305 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Yes, I'd certainly like to see more people buying this and giving their opinion. In fact I take back what I said Failed Magician, you should go and buy this, Its fantastic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Logical Deck - Touson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL