The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mix by Limin (DVD) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicwarehouse
View Profile
New user
Howard Katz
14 Posts

Profile of magicwarehouse
Guys we have these in stock for immediate shipment right here in the USA

Howard
The magic warehouse

Http://magicwarehouse.com
Howard Katz
Owner, The Magic Warehouse

http://themagicwarehouse.com
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Got mine. Well, it's alright. The only thing interesting in the DVD is really just MIX. But not something I'd perform in my set though.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 02:58, ReviewerMaster wrote:
But not something I'd perform in my set though.

Why?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I have studied the effect, I have learned the effect, I am about to perform the effect for a PAYING audience.

Is anyone interested in me reporting back? If I get three expressions of interest I'll relate my experience back here.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 07:11, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
If I get three expressions of interest I'll relate my experience back here.

First expression of interest Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1403 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Availability update:

We have received the next batch of Mix early, so have a large number of copies available.

All backorders for MIX will ship out to customers on Monday

Have a great weekend

Dominic

MIX: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21329/MIX_by......nfo.html
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I will second that.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I have it but I will 3rd that!
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
464 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
I'm the third one!
Thanks!
YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Hi Guys

So I tried 3 of the effects in the real world - Mix, Phantom Bill and Immortal.

All 3 received jaw dropping reactions.

Immortal was the most practical from my point of view and drew some pretty spectacular reactions. I thought angles might have been a problem but they really weren't. People were snapping their own toothpicks and trying to restore them long after I had left their table.

Phantom Bill received a good reaction but was a bit fiddly to perform in the real world. I ended up just doing the final phase for many performances which seemed to have more impact vs. doing the full routine.

Finally Mix, the headline trick. All I can say is WOW. I have done the I Hate Copperfield Trick and had good reactions previously but this one blew it out of the water. One reason - it is performed at chest height and without cover. Ringing the gaffs in and out was easy and this is the one trick I kept getting asked to repeat.

I know that 99% of purchasers of the dvd won't be bothered to make up the tricks which is a shame.

Hope that helps.

Jamie
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
What's the difficulty rating of this please? Thanks!
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Jamie is there a lot of 'arts and crafts' required then ? also how difficult ?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

JD uk - They're easy to perform with a little practice - 4/10 for difficulty

NFW - some construction is required but it's really easy - 2/10 for difficulty
MBlegend
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of MBlegend
HI guys, thought I'd share with you my REVIEW of MIX.

Haven't put these into routines yet... so this is a first impression kind of thing..

-----

Firstly, after much bad publicity towards MAGIC SHOP, I can confirm that they same-day dispatched my item like they normally do and it came on time perfect! They've never let me down.

Ok... after I ordered MIX, I had buyer's remorse straight away. Having not read any reviews, this was a punt, and I immediately felt a SUCKER for the trailer.
The headline affect MIX is... nice. I'm not disappointed. For the reasonable price, I knew this would not be 'something insanely visually magic' like the trailer suggests... nothing TOO SPECTACULAR, but it is clever and what Limin has put together is original and does achieve a lovely penetration. Quite a bit of craft involved but nothing impossible... the instructions are hard to follow first time round as you spend most of the time looking at the subtitles rather than the actual video! But you have to just appreciate the guy is from Taiwan!!

The routines are all explained slowly and clearly... Limin is a really likeable guy and explains things really well... maybe too well and slow at times, but can't fault that.

As for other effects... I am yet to try any of them out... I'd say they are OK... but MIX is really what you're gonna be performing. I can't wait to see how good this looks when I make it up properly....... the only thing I don't like is the switch using a deck of cards - it's easier just to put the cards in your pocket quickly and remove ungimmicked ones surely?

PHANTOM BILL - not so sure about this... it is indeed a bit fiddly and gimmicky. The problem being in ENGLAND, is that, when it comes to cutting up MONEY NOTES (not totally necessary but desirable), we don't have SMALL ONE DOLLAR BILLS. Our lowest note is £5 which is a lot of money! Extreme Burn was a real 'b1t** for us english guys!!!! The effect looks ok... but a lot of beating around the bush for my liking.

BLOCKADE - liked this... taught well, straight forward, doable... no gimmicks... very convincing.

IMMORTAL - Felt this was a bit too obvious from the start... dunno... okayish.

WORMHOLE - Okay again, but if you're gonna do a 2 card trick, you'd never do this over MIX.

My final thoughts ARE....

Trick entertainment 7/10
Teaching and Presentation 9/10
Value for money 6.5/10

It's by no means a one trick DVD, but, the only thing I'm really excited for is MIX. I'd have rather paid £10 less for the one trick dvd.

But then, I'm hard to please these days with so much material out there.

Recommended for the lead affect anyway... though if you like tricks with everyday items, you might be able to fill some time breaking toothpicks after the odd meal with family.

Hope my words help a bit... as I know THERE ARE SO LITTLE REVIEWS OUT THERE considering this is MUCH HYPED. Strange that I'm one of the few posting.

Bye
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Thanks for the detailed review, MBlegend.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Yes thanks MBlegend - I also wondered why there are so few reviews considering the hype and coverage this has had.....
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2012-02-02 05:15, NFW wrote:
Yes thanks MBlegend - I also wondered why there are so few reviews considering the hype and coverage this has had.....

Maybe it is not that good...
MBlegend
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of MBlegend
Update...

Been playing with Mix for a few days now... haven't touched the other stuff on the DVD and not sure if I will.....

But, Mix is good. It's one of these effects that I can't stop twiddling with and playing with in the mirror... it's very easy and enjoyable to perform. I actually... CAN'T QUITE BELIEVE how SIMPLE, and obvious WHEN YOU KNOW HOW it is... UNMAGICAL to the trained eye... but it WORKS NEVERTHELESS. Reactions haven't been that AMAZING, but that's because people are used to me doing EVEN MORE insane things, like stand up monte, industrial revelation etc

But I do like it... I've made loads of different variations and have experimented using other cards, like merging a Joker through the Ace of Spades etc... but picture cards are definitely better... white space just doesn't look good...

I'm wondering if this effect could go even smoother if I use different cards... maybe plastic ones that will last much longer.

For such a 'PUBLICISED' effect, I sure feel lonely for owning it. I want to know what others think!!! Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

I already told you above. I agree with you.

Let's just you and me use it eh?

BTW, try immortal next. I think you'll be pleased.
MBlegend
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of MBlegend
Hey Jamie, Immortal by ???

LISTEN, Tonight I have made up MIX using 100% PLASTIC CARDS - and it's so much SMOOTHER!!!!! Honestly, it just feels so much more sublime. Are you not finding your cards are wearing and fraying...especially at the epicenter? My plastic cards should go a long way... you can buy 100 percent plastic Bicycle cards from some dealers... though bloomin expensive for a full deck.

Haven't had this much fun in the mirror since...............
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mix by Limin (DVD) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL