The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mis-marked deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Read a short paragraph about this and thought it had real possibilities that I had never before heard of. The idea is to have a deck that is obviously marked on the back. But the mark is not what the face of the card shows. The face of the card actually follows the card marked on the back according to a S* ST***** stack. For example: mark on back of card is the 5 of clubs. The face of the card is the 8 of hearts. Comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
It's already a marketed effect out.
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
What is it called?
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Marks must be invisible for the spectator! Typical question of a technique based magician.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
There is also an effect (from Marlo I think) with a stay stack where you faro half face up into the face down but slightly down jogged. When your spectator peeks at a card, the mate is staring you in the face.

D
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-01-19 08:13, BERMINI wrote:
Read a short paragraph about this and thought it had real possibilities that I had never before heard of. The idea is to have a deck that is obviously marked on the back. But the mark is not what the face of the card shows. The face of the card actually follows the card marked on the back according to a S* ST***** stack. For example: mark on back of card is the 5 of clubs. The face of the card is the 8 of hearts. Comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob Solari already marketed this idea and it's a cool idea so congrats on the independent thinking!

But on another note, John Bannon has a VERY cool effect called Detour de Force marketed separately as well as including it in his excellent book Smoke and Mirrors. It is very easy to make and it really leads the audience down the proverbial garden path; you will LOVE the effect. The marks are in fact VERY visible and that is all I can say about the effect except to ask that you give it a go. Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Hcs Thanks for the reply but the idea is to enable the spectator to be able to see the marks but they will mean nothing to them thus appearing to be a mis-markeked deck.
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Just received a private message that such a deck was or is still sold as the "Visionsary" deck.
BERMINI
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BERMINI
Vlad_77 Also thanks to you I will look into it.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
J.C.wagner also had color chancing deck routine where he used the pattern line "all the backs are marked". The card were different color and they were boldly marked with big black pen. However, as mentioned in the original question, the marks were apparently written wrong, but magician could still read em right. Very very similar to original post.

Juha-Matti
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mis-marked deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL