The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Mixed ages audiences » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
Helder asked me:
And, one more question, how do you plan your show for mix ages, let's say with kids from 3 to 12?

I would say there are three ways to handle this. 1. If there is a majority age group, say 4-7, within a 3-12 range, I would concentrate on that. 2. If it is spread out evenly you can do tricks that appeal to all ages in different ways. My favorite example is Codology. The Turn It Around is good for young kids, but the climax of three fish is strong for older kids and adults. Ken Scott's Fantasy Magician also works for all ages at the same time. 3. Say, "This is a trick for the little kids. You big kids wait for the next trick." and go back and forth. And then alternate older tricks with younger tricks. I don't think that is the best way.

For me I do #2.
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Mixed ages audiences » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL