The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crushing coke can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SuperMagic
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of SuperMagic
I saw lance Burton performed this trick in the world greatest magic. He took a can of soda, and crushed it into little pieces. There were so small like it was dust. Where can I learn this from?
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Um, I saw that, and I have this awful feeling that it's a TV effect sorry. If you want you can come up with your own. (Once you get 50 posts you can join the secret sessions and discuss methods for this trick)
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
It was not an electronic effect but as a television effect it does rely on the audience point of view. It is nothing other than a simple set of two commonly known ideas put together into one effect.

Probably impractical for everyday use, but looked good for a lead in to the car crush illusion.

PM me if you need to know. Prepare to be disappointed. Also take Jordini's advice. Get 50 posts that actually contribute, not just "how is this done" type posts and another world may open up.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
If you want to do an amazing bit of magic with a crushed soda can get "Healed and Sealed" by Anders Moden.

Bill Beach
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
I work as a director and use a lot of special effects. Is there something on-line where you can see him perform this?
I think I can tell right away if it is a real trick or a real camera trick
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
It is definetly not a camera trick. Like what Frank says, it uses a very common method. Looks cool on TV though.
Bernard Sim
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Well, when I saw it, I didn't think that it was a television effect where they stopped the camera or anything, but it definately would be very impractical to perform live. However, it did look cool.
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
This is interesting, I just took a step back and thought about all of the discution over wether something is a tv trick or not and it is kinda sad becuase these days we cant tell the differance Smile
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Yeah, cause we watch it on TV!! Smile
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Crushing coke can (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL