We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Can you add pictures to a post? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Is there a method so that a picture can be viewed within a post?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5096 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
At the bottom of every new post window there's an area called Attachment. Click browse and click on the file you have saved. Makes sure it is in a format and size limitation listed.
Where the magic begins
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Oh I see it now. I don't think I have ever seen a picture posted with a comment. At least not yet. I will have to give it a try.

Thanks
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
664 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I have seen pictures within posts, not as attachments. How is that accomplished? I have tried copy and paste, etc, but nothing seems to work.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5096 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bedford, an attached picture does appear within a post. You use the box I explained above which links to a file on your computer. If you don't want to use that attachment method, you can type in the BB code. To the reader, both methods appear the same.
Where the magic begins
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
664 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Thanks Dave!

Paul
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Aside from the idea of attaching a photo to a post, you can also embed a photo into a post so it displays along with the post. (Attached photos appear as a link for me to click on, which opens a second window... not sure how it works for others. They don't appear embedded in the post to me.)

First thing you have to do, is host your own photo somewhere. Perhaps on photobucket or on your own personal website. You have to know the specific url for that hosted photo.

Then, you have to use bb coding to show the photo on the post. That coding is found here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/faq.php#bbcode

Look for "Adding Images".

The coding looks something like this:

(img)http://yourdomain.com/images/picture.gif(/img)

You have to use square brackets instead of curved ones, around the "img".

Here's an example of a post with a couple of embedded photos, not attached photos:

Post showing my business card.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
New Post - December 2, 2013 -- Admins, Please do not merge this post with the post above, which is from 22 months ago. Thanks.

------------------------

Reading the threads in the Tech Help area, it seems like lots of people are having problems with the photo attachment feature for the past month or so.

In the post above (on this older thread) from February 2012, I talked about how to insert a photo into a post (as opposed to attaching the photo).

*** To do this, you have to host the photo on your own website or on a site like photobucket. ***

Then follow the other directions above.

This might be a temporary workaround until the photo attachment is working better.

Here's a thread, where Dynamike and I both inserted photos into our recent posts.

Also, if you are looking for a handy program to help resize your photos, I recommend using pixresizer. I use it all of the time.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Can you add pictures to a post? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL