The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Logical Deck by Masuda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I've just seen the demo:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13962

My initial thought is fantastic apart from I am worried that the orientation of the deck has to remain the same. I don't think the deck can be riffle shuffled for fear that the trick would not work.

Does anybody have any experience with this trick?
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
I watched the trailer too and seems like a new hybrid marked deck that can be read from another place on the cards

It is essentially a gaffed version of Ben Harris X Ray effect. Though it looks good I too am worried that like some of the other Atto decks Kyoto, Gion it has to be shuffled using a hindu shuffle which would render it useless to American and UK audiences. That said I'm not sure if having the spectator shuffle is essential to this effect as they can see all the cards are different at the end and in no apparent order therefore it would still be impossible for you to guess the card under the circumstances.

Any more thoughts ??
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Well if the only criteria is that cards are facing in same direction before and after the shuffle. A riffle shuffle could be acheived although slightly "restricted" I say IF as I am not sure if this in the ONLY requirement.The hindu shuffles certainly "scream" that a riffle shuffle can not be used and if it can I can not see why they would not do one in the demo???

IF that is the case it would seem that little else could be done with this deck before or after doing this.

Again, with all due respect... I am guessinhg here.
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Before reading the marking mechanics behind this deck, I was clueless and really impressed.
If it's clean and easy (without the need to "lock" our view in a suspicious manner) as advertised, then this could be a real winner...

Sensio
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Waiting for a great review on this. Looks promising tho.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I'm pretty much with Phill on that, however MY worry would concern the visibility of the markings "on the other place" to the spectator, i.e. if they would notice anything weird even when not especially scrutinizing the deck. Otherwise a fine idea which probably makes use of multiple markings, if you know what I mean...! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Nicolino,

Good point. If it is marked on the edges, I wonder what it looks like to a spectator. Perhaps the markings can only be seen in one orientation, in this case, face down. It sounds very interesting.

KJ
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
Good point. If it is marked on the edges, I wonder what it looks like to a spectator.

IMHO, this looks really bad. Markings are big, easy to read. But hard to hide for a casual handling.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Paperinick,
have you seen this in person? I don't see anything on the demo.
KJ.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Logical Deck by Masuda (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL