The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » If You Were To Have One Trick, What Would It Be? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, if you were to have ONE trick, what would it be?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27062 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'd go with a two coin transposition where one coin goes into an audience member's hand.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
A Deck of Tally-Ho Cards. That's the one thing I would have for sure.
Zeiros
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Zeiros
...I guess you're probably asking more about gaffed decks in this thread. I don't own any so can't answer properly. Smile

If I became capable of only performing one trick with sleights (well, I barely know more than one trick! but nonetheless...) I have fallen in love with Red Hot Mamma. I'd always thought that people were lying about that "eyes like saucer plates" look. Smile
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
I suppose that you are asking about gaffed material, so as far as gaffed tricks go, one of my favorites is the Invisible Deck. It's such a powerful effect when done well, and it serves for a good out if you mess up (as it has already been pointed out numerous times).

However, if I could only perform ONE thing, it would certainly have to be the cups and balls. This is probably my favorite piece of magic, whether I'm performing it or seeing it performed. Though it depends more on sleight of hand, it is a beautiful routine.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
If you are talking about gaffs...a TT is great.

To perform only one trick it would be Two Card Monte. I just love that one and so do the other people.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Magic_Mailman
View Profile
New user
Portland,Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of Magic_Mailman
If I was to have one effect I think I would choose The Ambitious Card. I fell in love with that effect but not at first. I remember watching the Ammar ETMCM and seeing Ambitious Card and thinking, "Would laymen really react that good to this trick?" So I had to try it out and see for myself and man, the people's reactions were beautiful!

As far as a gaff or gimmick that I would have, if I were to choose just one I would say a TT. It is very fun to play with and they can be used with so many items. (Coins, bills, salt, silks and a ton of other things.)

Smile
devin_devil
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of devin_devil
If I were to have only one trick, it would have to be the Ultimonte. I think it is the coolest monte.

Smile
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
If I could only perform one trick, I wouldn't be interested in magic. The very variety of magic is one of the things that I fell in love with. Something for any occasion, and a wealth of effects for when you can determine the occasion and conditions for yourself.

I have several favorite tricks, but I don't love them individually more than the overall art itself.

Bill
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
If I could only do one routine, I have to go with the Cups & Balls. It would be very hard to give up the coins, however.
Magic is fun!!!
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
The versatile TT for sure.

The one trick would be to appear and disappear things in my bare hands.

:comply:
dynamite
View Profile
New user
Philippines
71 Posts

Profile of dynamite
One trick is too much for the asking, usually have three to five in a moment's notice, with a pack in your pocket. But since you ask for one trick, I do Fools Monte to vanish the jack of hearts. Then I give out my business card with the J-heart printed at the back.

All the best!

Dynamite Smile
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, you can . . . Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it!"
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
If I were to have one trick that impressed me so much more than the others I'd quit magic.
Michaels
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Since I only do a few card effects I would have to go with the Penny in the Matchbox. I use a quarter as I believe most performers do. The TT is the one item I do carry at ALL times but since it is not a "trick" I don't put it first on my preference list.

Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
If I only have one trick, I would prefer to have a magician's wand (just kidding). I prefer Bowl-a-Rama from Kevin James, I love that trick.

Smile
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
A TT, or an ID, can't decide. Probably TT. Smile
Gambit242
View Profile
New user
Monroe, La
68 Posts

Profile of Gambit242
Lately, I've been hooked on Twisted Sisters by John Bannon!

Easy trick that really "freaks 'em out"!

Later,
Gambit242
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
I would choose Crazy Man's Handcuffs. It is my favorite thing to do when people say, "You're a magician, do something magical."
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
To be the perfect Pick Pocket!
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I would make Carol Chandler disappear and materialize in my living room!
William Holcomb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » If You Were To Have One Trick, What Would It Be? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL