The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Duel VS Promystic proximity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
I've got way more to do with my time.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Actually. I need to apologise. I meant the relic.

My comments all stand about the relic.

But they don't apply here. And I'm genuinely sorry.

Fwiw, I didn't like duel either. 'tuning' the sensitivity was impractical for me as a professional, and spectators could spot a noticeable seam where the workings could be found.

The carnie decks are the best thing outlaw have produced. Although a card was missing from mine.

Over and out.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I have both duel from outlaw AND multi-demensional from pro-mystic. As stated above, they have different applications for different situations.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
950 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Im not sure what kinda hands you have aukt but I am at a loss to understand how a relic could ever fall apart lol.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I'm planning on Duel,being my next Outlaw purchase!
The ideal of a non-metal(was going to say wood,but knew where that would have went! Smile )being in participants hand,would take away any thought of using e********** or m*****!
And,you can have it made with any custom symbol's you wish!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-05-21 00:46, Mind illusionist wrote:
Im not sure what kinda hands you have aukt but I am at a loss to understand how a relic could ever fall apart lol.

A few of the early larger ones had some issues. Then we went with the Mini Relic (3 years ago)

I don't think it has anything to do with the size of your hands Smile

BTW the Mini Relic is roughly the size of a Kennedy half dollar.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3753 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Interesting discussion here.

I've got a number of props from Outlaw and I can say with complete honesty that:

1) They've always been delivered in a timely manner. You need to remember that many of these things are hand-made, which means that they aren't being pulled off a shelf. So yeah...sometimes Outlaw takes longer than a standard magic shop. It's part of the deal.

2) I've never had a single issue with them not working properly.

3) Rick has always returned emails very quickly. I expect any delays may be linked to point number one.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
623 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I am also a dual user in that I use Proximity and Duel for different effects and audiences. Proximity is ... well... Proximity, another wonder from Craig that has never let me down and works like a charm every time. The places I've put it would make a nun blush. I love this piece.

As for Duel, yeah, it took a little time to get here... because it was being built and customized for me! Rick and I went back and forth perfecting the design I wanted which came out beautifully, with the Sanctum sigil on one side and Chapter info on the other. It ties in perfectly with the other Sanctum items that I have and the Sanctum (organization) spin that I lace a lot of my effects together with. It's beautifully made and mine is seamless; nobody has ever suspected it as anything but a wooden token presented to a member on his Initiaton similar to a Royal Arch penny, etc. It's well crafted, a good weight, and reliable.

I recommend both of these highly. Proximity is a little more versatile vs. Duel which is a little more personal. I think that's the best way to describe the difference.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
I don't have duel but have owned Promystic products and they are of excellant quality and backed up by one of the best 'guys' out there when it comes to customer service and support.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Personally I prefer proximity, because of the small receiver. I think the receiver for Dual is a bit big and bulkey. Just my opinion. My order was also delayed, and I had to send a couple of mails to outlaw before I got the Dual. I ended up selling my Dual.
prestidig
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of prestidig
Are the Proximity Tags something that can be attached to any object for the which hand effect? My impression from the video demo is that Proximity is embedded in lip balm.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Proximity can go in anything
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
623 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Quote:
On 2012-05-22 03:40, VIEW wrote:
Proximity can go in anything

Please remember to use qualifiers as in "Proximity can go in almost anything." I had a hell of a time trying to get it into a gerbil for my Fire Island show last summer...
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
545 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Thanks for the comments guys,

Joe, I may have to void your warranty on that unit. If you have seen the MW (name intentionally left out) lecture, he uses Proximity in a fantastic 4 way routine.

Proximity just sold out at IMX 2012 on day 1.5, but I have more in the internet store for immediate delivery. Keep in mind if you buy Proximity, the ProMystic Modular Receiver will work with any ProMystic product. This saves you $ and pocket space.

Best,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
shelley1508
View Profile
Regular user
Sixth Sense, Mind Pad, Insight
121 Posts

Profile of shelley1508
In the end it might come down to your style of presentation - a wooden medallion might not be suitable for some. That said, if Duel could be embedded in other objects it could perhaps match the versatility of Craig's product.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Finders Keypers

... Nuff said!

X
Epiphanies by C. - Now available - http://colincloud.com/colleagues/
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3692 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes! It replaced all my proxs.. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
anton.magician
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
Proximiti is a cool thing, but sometimes it can turn on almost itself if you spend it near a m***t by accident. And the battery can to discharged before perfomance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Duel VS Promystic proximity (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL