The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New member but well versed in magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Hello & a Happy Magic New Year to all from Merlin in the SF bay area !
Found this site late last year & have been enjoying reading thru posts from all the great members here
& finally joined. I've been into magic since I was 14 as a hobby-ist doing the usual kids parties, school gigs, later at restaurants & some stage illusions.
I had received the nickname "Merlin" when I was younger & thru the years pretty much stuck since..... I enjoy lot of hobbies from custom airbrushing (anything), semi pro Halloween animatronics build & programming, building hot rods to Full contact SCA. In my mid years I kinda wandered away from magic as my other hobbies & reg work took more & more of my time, interest & money away......... a couple became good income biz's for a bit.

Pretty much have had to bow out of SCA (at 50 it hurts more than it used to when getting unhorsed in a joist comp & full HD list/live sword contact....LoL).
The other hobbies getting me a little burned out,etc...... & have been enjoying a rekindled love with magic, which this forum has helped in that !

As I've been pulling out some old stuff, practicing my card & misc magic & sleights, I've found the need to purchase a few new items, props, tricks, etc & knowing that there is a lot of garbage & mis-represented things on the market, after finding a few sites to read reviews (Found other sites, well just more argumentative within those forums), I considered this site/forum to be very mature & rich with well knowledgeable members & info. For this I would like to say "Thank you" to all, as I have already made some purchases that I am very happy with & glad that I did not on others. These days the money we have to spend there's nothing worse than an expensive disappointment with no re-fundings !

I look forward to learning more from here as I get back up to speed & hope to contribute as well from the years & experiences I have had in magic & gaining more of again !!

Merlin
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Merlinsmagic,

Nice to meet another Northern California Magician.

I look forward to your posts.

-Mary Mowder
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Welcome!

Its nice that you found your way back to magic.
Life of Magic!
davidleephillips
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of davidleephillips
Hi everyone, been in magic for years and have some really nice stuff, don't do this for a living but perform a lot at my corporate functions and other private parites. I'm needing to find out where to buy the supplies to make my own replacement tubes for the master prediction chest. Can anyone help direct me to the right material and vendor I can buy from. Thanks, not sure where else to post this, I'm sure I will learn if this is not right. David
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thank you all, been enjoying getting back into magic again !!

**Hello & welcome David, not that I mind your intro post on mine-the more the merrier....LoL, but you may want to start your own introduction "Hello" post in "New Arrivals", you would probably get a better response directly to your supply inquiry.........
dew
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dew
Howdy its nice to meet ya
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Hiya Merlin!

Check out the "Periods and Styles" forum. There is a lot of good info there that may help you stay in the SCA, but just give you a different role to fill.

Alex
Weird is part of the job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New member but well versed in magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL