The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shipping Increase from Post Office (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The US Postal Service has increased rates. The most dramatic increase is for International Priority Mail. The rate has gone up by about 27%!

On line postage was previously $13.25 to ship from the US to any country. It's now $16.95.

I will honor my current shipping rates for the next several days until I update my website. If you are an international customer, you may want to consider ordering now before the rates go up.

These shipping rates will apply to all my products including The Book of Destiny, Kingdom of the Red, and 21st Century Coin Mechanics.

Larry Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Website updated.

It reflects a $3 increase for International Priority Mail
For Canada and Mexico there is a new price which is $2 higher than US Priority Mail but $4 less than international.

US rates went up slightly but I'm keeping my shipping charges the same.

Thanks,

Larry
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
You are right. It when up. I ship a few things out and didn't charge enough for the shipping. I will be going FedEx for now on.

Greg
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Honestly, I shocked the USPS is still in business. Do we really need the post office anymore...seriously? Everything we do is electronic. The only time I would ever use the USPS is for shipping a package but 9 times out of 10 it's cheaper with FedEx and usually arrives quicker than USPS.

Just saying...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Sending a 3 1/2 pound book by UPS or Fed Ex internationally I think will cost a lot more than using a Flat Rate legal size mailer from the PO. They can hold up to 4 pounds. It used to be $13.50 and now it's $16.95. I live in a rural area so the PO is the easiest. A quote online to send a 4 pound package to the UK via UPS was $135!

Larry
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
They are getting ridiculous. I'm afraid they are pricing themselves right out of business.
Mister Mystery
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
PayPal actually went down in postal costs.
USPS rates went up on Jan 21 2012
FedEx costs way more to send packages right now,
the USPS is the best deal between all 3 shippers...FedEx, UPS and DHL services.
UPS is the cheapest way to send weight across the USA
USPS is the best for lightweight Intl packages
Canada postal service sucks, delivery is almost always 21 - 30 days from the USA, there is the rare 10 day delivery now.
I readjusted to reflect the VERY small increase in international rates...send your goods Intl Flat Rate, cheapest fastest from the USA
I've had an online biz since 1994.
I post items all over the world, lightweight and heavy packages all the time.
nothing new, MHO all is good.

This current USPS postal increase is really nothing, stamps only went up a penny.
Their service is still better/cheaper than the rest of the delivery services being offered around the World.
Best Fastest Safest Postal system on the Planet.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Fed-Ex and UPS must cost more, it's the law. Why do you think they lobbied(bribed)Congress a some years(2006?) back to force the USPS to fund their pension plan to even include future workers that may not even be alive as of yet. This is the biggest reason the PO is losing money.

Bottom line, force your competion to follow regulations that would bankrupt your own company.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-01-29 21:50, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Honestly, I shocked the USPS is still in business. Do we really need the post office anymore...seriously? Everything we do is electronic. The only time I would ever use the USPS is for shipping a package but 9 times out of 10 it's cheaper with FedEx and usually arrives quicker than USPS.

Just saying...

Corporations need someone to deliver their bills. And junk mail, can't forget that.
I'm curious what everyone's percentage of mail (through the post office) is bills?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 08:42, Duaut wrote:

Canada postal service sucks, delivery is almost always 21 - 30 days from the USA, there is the rare 10 day delivery now.

I experience that with magazines from the USA sometimes ... and I think that has more to do with USPS than Canada Post ... but letters and packages from the States get delivered to me in Canada within at most about a week to 10 days.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Almost everything I've ever ordered via USPS within the States has arrived in 2-3 days. With the difference in cost between them and 2 day FedEx, I will still choose USPS any time it's an option.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 09:39, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-29 21:50, Christopher Lyle wrote:

Just saying...

Not true. We receive ALL of our bills electronically. We do not ever get a "paper bill" in the mail anymore. Electric, Water, Cable, Phone, etc. It's all online. Corporations can do the same thing and they'd save money b/c they wouldn't need a mail room and a person to make "rounds" to the office.

The USPS is a giant waste of space...and they know it!

Corporations need someone to deliver their bills. And junk mail, can't forget that.
I'm curious what everyone's percentage of mail (through the post office) is bills?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Regular postage is still a pretty good deal for those who send letters and cards etc. For .45 cents a person will come to your door or mailbox, pick up a letter, and deliver it to another persons door or mailbox anywhere in the country. You couldn't hire a ten year kid to carry an envelope across the street for .45 cents.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shipping Increase from Post Office (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL