The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » HH Holmes movie, hmmmmm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Herman Webster Mudgett, aka HH Holmes, is the serial killer I have been completely obsessed with since before I even thought about committing myself to the study of evil.
The World's Fair Hotel is an image of such horrific brilliance and efficiency that I've never been able to get it out of my mind. I've always wished to see it represented on film with a good enough budget to show what it would have looked like in person.
Now I hear that big Hollywood is finally making a movie about this demented figure.
And here's the rub: Leo DiCaprio is the star.
Okay, I'm not saying DiCaprio can't act, he can. But I've never found him particularly adept at playing dark. I think he can probably pull off Holmes when he has his public face on. The suave charmer Holmes that he presented to the public. But there will be times when the chasm of Holmes' blackened soul will have to peek through. I've never seen Leo successfully accomplish anything like that.
His strained broodiness in Gangs of New York almost ruined that fantastic movie for me.
And don't get me started on Romeo + Juliet. Blech.

But we'll see. I don't want to write the film off before it's even out. No matter what, I believe the splendor of the Chicago World's Fair and the White City will be amazing to see on screen. Here's hoping Leo surprises me too.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-01-26 21:06, critter wrote:
Herman Webster Mudgett, aka HH Holmes, is the serial killer I have been completely obsessed with since before I even thought about committing...evil

:D
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Smile

Getting tips from Chance on how to use quotes, Lobo?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I want to see this movie!
Mister Mystery
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That should be an interesting movie but they would have to make it four hours long to do it justice.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
One thing I'm optometristic about is that Leo=Budget. That means they'll have the money to build some cool sets.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » HH Holmes movie, hmmmmm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL