The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Larry Jennings Liked Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
This Saturday Potter&Potter Auctions will be auctioning items from the magic estate of the great close-up artist Larry Jennings. Lot 75 contains an assortment of close-up tricks including a number of Tenyo items. I have attempted to attach a photo of the box showing some of the items from the lot. I can see:

- Moon Spinner (sealed)
- Oh No
- Crystal Pyramid
- Metal Matrimony
- Zone Infinity
- 5 Astro Tubes (kidding!)
- At least one other Tenyo item I cannot identify

Many great items in the collection particularly for Dai Vernon fans. Neat to see some Tenyo items. For more info on the auction go to:

http://www.potterauctions.com/

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Clearly the photo did not work... send me a PM if you would like to see it.

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Interested! Do you still have my email, John??
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes... will send it over...
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
The link worked for me.
Here is a different link to try, for the on line catalog for tomorrows auction.
http://www.potterauctions.com/LinkClick.......abid=949
But, the on-line catalog doesn't show a picture of the box of tricks referred to.
So, if someone else has a link, please post it.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Ed

They do not show a picture of lot 75 with theTenyo items. I had Gabe at Potter and Potte send me a shot. It is that picture Felix is refering to. If you would like it send me a PM.

Cheers,

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Sorry, but Larry Jennings didn't give a crap about Tenyo.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Relax Richard, it was tongue in cheek. I got a kick out of the fact that a box of his close-up misc item contained a number of Tenyo effects. He owned a number of Tenyo items unless Potter and Potter have misrepresented the contents.

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Relax Richard, it was tongue in cheek. I got a kick out of the fact that a box of his close-up misc item contained a number of Tenyo effects. He owned a number of Tenyo items unless Potter and Potter have misrepresented the contents.

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
As an update the lot with the Tenyo items included went for $600, auction estimate was $200 - $300.

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I get your point (especially since you posted it twice! Smile )

Larry was given a LOT of tricks by people. If the Tenyo guys came to the Castle, then it would have been common practice to hand him and Vernon a bag of the latest releases. I do think that Jennings would have appreciated how clever some of Lubor Fiedler's tricks are, and I would have enjoyed doing Flying Carpet for him. But these are tricks that he would never pick up and do. He loved cards, coins, linking rings, cups and balls--classical objects with a purity about them.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I assumed as much Richard, the props in the box looked untouched. I have some of Larry's material and have a hard time picturing him doing Crystal Cleaver. Thanks for the info and sorry for the double post.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Larry Jennings Liked Tenyo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL