The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Have to agree the trailer doesn't do it any favours !
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Quote:
On 2012-02-11 03:30, benmagic1 wrote:
The using of a belt buckle to bend cutlery goes well back, I remember a European dealer selling a special belt buckle to bend cutlery at the International convention a long time ago. I liked it but you had to wear your shirt tucked in and you could not wear a waistcoat, this was why I didn't buy it, it was a good idea though !

I will have a look at this on Friday at Blackpool.

Ben

I had a similar one sold by I think Seo Magic. Made by Japan Magician. I went to Seo magic website to find it again, but it is no longer selling the item.

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I have now had the full workings of Bionik shown to me by Dave at the WMS stand in Blackpool.

He revealed all the gimmickry involved.

I think there's a lot of faffing about for a simple bend.

I have coinvexed and I like it. This is nothing like coinvexed.

Bionik also relies on you wearing certain clothes to act as a 'host' for one of the gimmicks.

I don't think this will capture the same interest as coinvexed did. Let's see if others agree.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Clothes limitations can be a negative point for improptu fans like me .
is there a much more detailed review before buying?
thanks a lot
mark
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
737 Posts

Profile of roblane
I like the premise of this but have the same thoughts concerning clothing limitations. Does this require that you wear a jacket?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
rob1973
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of rob1973
No you don't have to wear a jacket..but there would be more cover if you did. Technically there is a clothing requirement but it is something that 99% of us wear every day.
A good effect no doubt, but an expensive one. I bought one as part of a very good deal inclusing coinvexed, liquid forks etc. I bought it to sell really making the other stuff I wanted very cheap!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10499 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Belt
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5635 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-02-17 12:54, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

* Bionik also relies on you wearing certain clothes to act as a 'host' for one of the gimmicks.

From the above statement it is quite evident that the prop is a two part contraption with PROBABLY one part fixed to the belt (like everybody seems to be guessing) and the other part seem to be attached to a pull. The need for a jacket is probably to hide the critical move.

Quote:
On 2012-02-17 12:54, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

* I think there's a lot of faffing about for a simple bend.

* I don't think this will capture the same interest as coinvexed did. Let's see if others agree.

I fully Agree. Being a two part prop and the need for cover to do the moves will certainly keep me away from this. This is certainly not for me.

Smile
P.S. Jamie Ferguson: Thank you for an honest review.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Ustead:

The bender is a one part contraption.
Alternative Magic
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
You can do a knife bend easily with Guy Bavli's Perfect Key Bending gimmick. I never used the gimmick to do a key because people generally don't want their keys bent, but you can borrow a knife at any restaurant. First performed this back around 2002/3.

No need for special clothes, works with most knives (I never had an issue but just in case one of you try it and it doesn't work I won't say works with all knives), gimmick is easily set up (about 2 seconds if that), work it anywhere, and it costs less than $35USD new!!!

To me it's a no brainer.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5635 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-02-20 09:09, pduffie wrote:

Ustead:

The bender is a one part contraption.

Thank you for clearing my misconception Mr. Duffie. OK, I am back in the run and will await a detailed review.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Ok guy bavli keybend can be a clever solution for knife bending.
just a single gimmick and no need for misdirection.
I have thought to the same thing and tried it with good results.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5635 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Roslyn and Markhitton: Thank you for suggesting a tried-n-tested method for knife bend using Guy Bavli's Perfect Key Bending gimmick. I will give it a try.

Smile
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Why spend over £80 when something that's less than £25 does the job better?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Penguin Magic site says the Guy Bavli's Perfect Key Bending gimmick has been discontinued.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Get it from Guy directly. $40 USD or £25 GBP approx.

http://www.pro-magic.com/product_detail.php?prod_id=11596
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5635 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-02-20 17:45, Roslyn wrote:

Why spend over £80 when something that's less than £25 does the job better?

Yes, I agree.

I have given Bavli's Bending gimmick a try and it works like a charm. Thank you for the alternate suggestion.

Smile
P.S. Markhitton suggested (through PM) a minor modification to Bavli's Bending gimmick so as to eliminate any metal to metal contact sound created while inserting/ removing the blade of the knife. It's a nice useful modification. Markhitton, Thank you for sharing you idea. Smile

Isn't the Café a great place - Magicians helping Magicians! Smile Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10499 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The creator of the effect has been silent - would be interesting to hear his take
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Thanks to you Ustaad ,key-man in the magic Café!
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
909 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Saw it also at blackpool, too much set up for a knife bent, I will still prefer misdirection and a table!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL