The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
108 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
I had to laugh when I saw the ad... All moody and mysterious. And then pitching it as if the idea of bending a knife is some incredible new breakthrough

'From the mind of David Penn'...'and I thought if I could bend a fork why not a knife.''

Sorry. I'm sure the method is very clever and David is good magician but sometimes we take ourselves a little too seriously. ;-)
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Not liking it at all. Here sign my knife, look its bent. You can keep it if you want. ( Laymen ) look guys I got a bent knife from David ( WoW ) Laymens friends. Big deal you now have a Fu__ up knife. Na not for me.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Quote:
On 2012-02-04 10:18, nowyoucme wrote:
Not liking it at all. Here sign my knife, look its bent. You can keep it if you want. ( Laymen ) look guys I got a bent knife from David ( WoW ) Laymens friends. Big deal you now have a Fu__ up knife. Na not for me.

You could say that about any metal bending. Coin, spoon, fork, key.
As in all things presentation is everything.

Steve
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3329 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have coinvexed, will not be buying this or any other Penn product. You know what they "live by the sword...."
David43
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of David43
Quote:
On 2012-02-04 12:47, J M Talbot wrote:
I have coinvexed, will not be buying this or any other Penn product. You know what they "live by the sword...."

Yes JM, David Penn - "live by the sword die by the sword". An ancient saying but perfectly apt for this time.
I Put a Spell On You
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3329 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Mr. Marko
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Mr. Marko
I agree with the above posts. Not interested. Won't buy.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Tis sad that they have to edit these topics - Alan Rorrison had some really good points.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3622 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I still cant believe they are charging 130 bucks for it.
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Not for me as I'm not really in to metal bending, at least not yet. Saying that I am saving up to buy Coinvexed 2 the sharpie edition. Wish the prices were a little lower but I suppose you get what you pay for.

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Coinvexed 2 the sharpie edition, is this similar to the Quantem Bender or just a coincidence they use the same marker?

NM
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2012-02-05 20:40, magicnorm wrote:
Coinvexed 2 the sharpie edition, is this similar to the Quantem Bender or just a coincidence they use the same marker?

NM

Not sure, I know both effects have been compared a lot but regards how similar they are someone else will have to advise. I do know that a lot of magic tricks and gimmicks use a Sharpie, it is the marker pen of choice for most magicians!!

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I vote this as the worst trick of 2012. It seems as if David Penn is going downhill, especially after the recent WPR disaster...too bad for him.

Regards,
Mike
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Can't believe you guys are supporting this guy after the big WPR fiasco.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The demo video shows very little of the effect with no presentation. Thus I have based my post on the presumption that Bionik uses a gimmick for bending the blade of a normal table knife during the course of performance. Based on that, here are my thoughts:-

IMO, bending a table knife right under the nose of the spectator is not an easy task. Thus the effect gains greater importance in cutlery bending.

Knife of various brands display different characteristics in their flexibility, softness/ stiffness and brittleness. It seems that Bionik is using a particular brand(s) of knife which must have been shortlisted after many hours of trials and errors.

Also it would need a specially designed gimmick so as to cater for a quick, smooth and easy bend with all the mechanical advantages built into the gimmick. Also the gimmick should be reasonably small, easy to conceal but at the same time it should be easy to get into position to do the dirty work quickly and efficiently.

Hence I think a lot of brainstorming and hard work must have gone into creating Bionik. However I shall await an honest review.

Smile
P.S. My above thoughts are independent and irrespective of the latest controversy surrounding the creator of Bionik. I have focused my thoughts exclusively to the Bionik effect.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Can we try and keep the off-topic beating children posts off here? I think all of us want this thread to stay un-deleted.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Seems that Unknown419 has inadvertently posted in the wrong section.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
He sent the same post to multiple discussion
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Yes.

There seem to be some sort of a glitch in the system.

Mods can you please look into this.

Smile
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
964 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
BioniK is of interest to me. However, I agree with Ustaad's comments about the type of knife being bent - particularly the brittleness of the knife. You need some serious leverage to bend a knife like it shows in the demo trailer. I am merely speculating here but in all cases shown in the trailer he is wearing some sort of very chunky wristband type of thing. I also will wait for the reviews and comments after Blackpool.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bionik By David Penn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL