The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Magicians BBC 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Well it's the BBC right? So can't The Doctor do something?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Who ???
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Yes.
~Will Rogers
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
Third base!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
To update, D Dante and his self enpowering course useing BON, Glass & Fire Walking, block smash and strength works which have enabled him to make a crust over the past twenty five years is no longer running.

72 year old David who I have known for over forty years of doing the showgrounds (We were both booked by Brownhut so that shows you how far we go back).Has decided to call it a day due to the comments in his local press and the cancellation of five clients this week due to the Scum talked about above.

A true gent with a huge heart and love of magic will be missed by many but enough is enough what with the state of this country and now the back stabbing by our own, he will retire back to his native Norway.

God bless you mate its been a blast knowing you.

Ken.
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Not only does this belittle the acts of escapologists & sideshow performers, it also leads children to think that they can do these things without harm. This could have serious repercussions!

I'm sorry to see Dave has decided to call it a day. After entertaining god knows how many over the years, why should he have to put up with having his livelyhood taken away/derided & stories written about this in his local press.

I have a few ideas up my sleeve for actions to be taken, but will not put them forward until the meeting, as I don't want to forearm the "judas's".

Those concerned are free to attend to give their reasons after 4pm when we will be discussing this, but unfortunately, they are not welcome before, for fear they will steal the ideas being shared on the day.
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Ken, can I ask what /kind/ of comments there were in the local press? Hearing that, I am a little worried about just how much sway the local news could hold over magicians and side show performers.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-03-04 11:01, WEASEL DANDAW wrote:
...it also leads children to think that they can do these things without harm. This could have serious repercussions!

In all fairness, kids don't need the help of TV to come up with stupid things to try. Hell, I still do stupid stuff I probably shouldn't almost every day!
Not arguing, just an observation about kids (especially boys.)
~Will Rogers
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
His local rag always ran a piece on his shows prior to the summer run, a couple of readers letters insinuated that certain stunts were a farce (Observations based on this BBC show). Within two weeks he was dropped from his local Fete (Which he had been doing for the past ten seasons).

OK this was a local flyer and not national but look what could have happened if the nationals had used it for fodder,,,,I have seen this snowball effect before,,,thank God its been kept under wraps,,,so far !!!

The Bromyard Gala (A large Steam Fair and Country Show) Has dropped us and other entertainers from this years event (This would have been our sixteenth year) We were told only last week about this (Seems a bit odd) No explanation given by them but a couple of phone calls behind the scenes verified our fears.

Critter, yes I agree with you but with this Nanny State mentality I am more than amazed that a concern such as the BBC let this slip through and even capitalise on it. Especialy so as I have a letter from them regarding a spot we did for them back in 1997 when they asked me to tone parts of the act down to make it more family orientated and please don't use the word "Fart",,,,double standards or an I nit picking !!!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
No you're right.
~Will Rogers
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Again here we go....The Sun Newspaper has Paul Daniels moaning about The Magicians BBC pinching his tricks and doing them so badly that the general public have been coming up to him explaining how he does them. Hahaha that's great,,,so even the great PD has been shot up the bum and been given a dose of VD by these idiots.

BTW Im better at slieght of hand than PD (Maybe cos I have more fingers).

Ken
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Well, crud. This is really pretty scary to think about. /Is/ there something that can be done about this?
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1722 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 19:42, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
My Blood Boiled over years ago, W/ "Circus of the Stars"...even when they put in time to learn acts/stunts it only cheapened what the true Seasoned Professionals were doing...Sure they learned to walk wire, or Fly, but hardly at the Skill level of Gene Mendez or Tito Gaona...

No worse than La Circus Da Sun, teaching out of work Las Vagus dancers how to do aerial acts, until they can find real jobs. Lounge acts with no skill,and NO ANIMALS.
By the Bye did you here about Have Trunk Will Travel ?
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Magicians BBC 1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL