The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Silly question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
My 18 year old daughter stole £200 from gangster roll yesterday thinking I would not miss it nor work out it was her. She must think I was born the day before yesterday. It was not bad effort though the way she got it and it took me all day to work how she got it. I can't prove it though and I know she will not confess if I accuse but its a fact. Do you have any advice for me?

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Increase her pocket money?

More seriously, check all her future expenses. And ask HER to prove where the money comes from. £200 is nothing for today's kids, all is gonna be spent in one shot!
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Best advice is to hide your stash in a better spot.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile I don't know, I don't know what I would do or say if I could prove it as I think she is nuts.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Is the issue that you're torn between expressing your pride that she'd steal, or your disappointment that she'd get caught?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Tony45
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Tony45
She should have did what I used to do when I was like 15, leave a IOU for my Pop and just stiff him for it, same effect, lol.
Its tough with kids, especially girls. You really cant crack them a shot at that age or youre forever the bad guy and if you let it go, you look weak to them or stupid.
Really don't know what to tell you in terms of advice, but I would definetly let it be known that a trust was broken and it wont be easily fixed.

Ahhhh, on second thought,,,,, try cracking her a shot anyway, what could it hurt ?? lol
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Does she play cards?
What is all your knowledge and ability for if you can't bust out a family member?

If you get popped, you can cool the mark with the following: Now you know how it feels to get ripped off by your own family!...

Then you have to buy her a car for her birthday.
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Hi Tommy.
I'm being comletely honest and this is heartfelt.
This is not the place to come for real advice on the problem.
I would go to the Psychology Today site for advice on dealing with a problem youth.
Hopefully this helps and I've been there and empathize with your concern.
ALl the best.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
You can be 90% sure of one thing: if you say nothing she'll be thinking "Geez! it works!". Thus, she would try again... Catch her at the next attempt.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
My daughter is 14, and there's really nothing in the world I'd rather spend my money on than her.

So........as much as it might tap the pocketbook down the road, I'd consider telling your daughter that the next time she wants money, she should come to you and ask you straight up for it.

She's gotta tell you what she wants it for, and may not get the entire drop in one "ask", and she may have to work for it (my girl has to clean the house in its entirety for $50.00, which works out to around $13.00 per hour, which is a fair wage)..........but daughters need to know they can literally come to their fathers for anything, and about anything ........including the need for spending glue.

Caveat is that my daughter has had me wrapped around her little finger since she the day she was born (still has to clean the house though)..........YMMV.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well what do you know.....she has confessed now that she took it. Not confessed to me but to her Mum, who took it upon herself to ask her about it and that is all I know at this moment. Apparently my daughter is going to explain when she gets back home later today. Smile

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
As long as she doesn't do it again, be cool Smile.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
It's all God's money, anyway. You were just borrowing it for a little while. Now she's borrowing it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In the pasteboard jungle such is life.

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Tell her it's a major trust issue, and it's going to be sometime until you are able to fully trust her again.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 23:15, tommy wrote:
:) I don't know, I don't know what I would do or say if I could prove it as I think she is nuts.

The apple does not fall far... Smile

Things will work out. I just hope it is for clothes or some other acessory and not drugs.

Just ask her if she wants to grow up like you. That should straighten her out quickly. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
It is very dificult as to how to take Tommy. Trying to respond to the original post is quite difficult as even as you read down further he says and I paraphrase here, 'I think she is nuts"..Again difficult to respond to this man if you are familiar with his posts. Not sure how to take that remark.

However I do apologize to Tommy if my posts seemed callous and mocking. They were not meant to be and I did not realize if and how how serious you were in your original post. Still not sure.

I hope this all ends well or at least ends with a better understanding of each other for both of you.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile No, no I can take a joke and iIts very helpful of you guys to make me laugh about it. Whatever “it” is. I am not sure what “it” is but “it” might be kleptomania. Have you seen that old Alfred Hitchcocks movie called 'Marnie', well I think that is my daughter sort of.

Tommy
Tony45
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Tony45
Quote:
On 2012-02-02 03:32, tommy wrote:
:) No, no I can take a joke and iIts very helpful of you guys to make me laugh about it. Whatever “it” is. I am not sure what “it” is but “it” might be kleptomania. Have you seen that old Alfred Hitchcocks movie called 'Marnie', well I think that is my daughter sort of.

Well if its kleptomania, I wear a 32 waist by 34 length. No polyester, gabardine only !! Size 11 shoes, prefer Italian made.
Hey, might as well make some money if she got the talent. Remember the words of Sonny in a Bronx tale : "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent". Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Silly question (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL