The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » De-humidifiers and Liquid-filled Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
This may well turn out to be the strangest posts of mine – ever.

I live in a city that goes through summer months of high humidity. We therefore run a dehumidifier in our basement. Last summer, my SIL-X Implosion Balls (these are the ones semi-full of colored Silicon liquid) imploded. No, that was not meant as a pun. The balls became irreparably misshapen, as if the liquid interior was sucked out of them and the exterior shell was severely indented.

I am left to wonder if this was the result of our de-humidifier running during this period. Is the ball shell porous enough to be affected by the de-humidifier?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Weird, but good question. I have never heard of anything like this. Have you posed this question to the manufacturer? If your supposition is correct the manufacturer should include mention of this in any printed material they distribute with their product.

IMHO,

Mike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » De-humidifiers and Liquid-filled Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL