The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPredict+ 2.0 (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MAOmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus
97 Posts

Profile of MAOmagic
Hey everyone!

Just downloaded Greg's 2.0 update to iPredict which is now called iPredict. I wanted to do a quick review as well as mention some important changes before you use it again.

This update makes an already great app better. Essentially it introduces in app purchases that allow you to purchase new psychics, which I think is a great idea. You can purchase "Nadia" for 2.99 who can predict any number from 1-75. This also is a sign that hopefully more psychics are on the way that can do even more. You are also able to now text the psychics. Which is pretty freaking cool. It gives you even more freedom and allows you to do this in an environment where it is too loud, which I have encountered a lot. To make this even better and fool proof, Greg has implemented a "Black" and "White" list for texting. Black list means it is a spectators phone. When it is a spectators phone on the black list, the servers on the other side will answer the first time, then ask them to stop texting after that. After 4 texts, the servers will no longer respond to their phone. White list means that it is a performers phone and will always give new predictions. This is perfect. Sometimes I have had people want to call more than once and they get the same card. I can deal and explain this but the way texting works is brilliant and this won't ever come up!

It's also important to note that the suit order is now underneath the psychics name instead of just under settings. So if you go looking for that, it has moved!

Lastly, important notes before you use it again. The psychic name has changed. The default one I mean. Instead of Esmerelda, it is now Christen. So don't go looking for Esmerelda. Even though she is still there, I don't think she works anymore. I didn't realize this and lucky didn't try to perform this. I prefer the CHaSeD order of cards. When I downloaded the update, the order switched. So if you had anything other than the SHoCkeD order, you must set up the order again, under that psychic.

I haven't gotten to try Nadia out because I can't download her. I'm not sure if it is a bug, but the app keeps saying "connect to internet to purchase" and I clearly have internet. I have restarted, quit the app, reinstalled, tried wifi and 3G, yet it keeps saying "connect to internet to purchase". Not sure why, but maybe Greg has some idea. I'd love to try out predicting numbers as well.

Overall, solid update. Love the texts. Can't wait for more updates! My only real questions are when is that mysterious new app coming and when will there be an update for iForce?

~Andrew
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2716 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your thoughts on iPredict+
http://www.theory11.com/tricks/ipredict-greg-rostami.php

First, to answer your question, I don't know why you can't purchase Nadia . . . I'll have to look into that.

We've been working on this update with theory11 for a LONG time.
We are very proud of this new release.

The technology that allows anyone to text the psychic from their own phone has been in the works for over a year.

What's great about having your spectators text the psychic on their phone is:
1. It allows the magical moment to happen on their phone
2. Everyone is anxiously waiting for a response from the psychic.
3. A TEXT message implies a real time conversation with the psychic (in contrast to a voicemail recording)
4. Your spectator can continue to have a text conversation with the psychic . . . even AFTER you've left!!
5. They get to show off the psychic's reading to their friends (since it's a visual reveal)
6. The spectator or the performer can choose to either call or text the psychic.
7. It works GREAT in loud environments.

This is SO much fun to perform. As most of my iPredict customers will attest, many people truly believe that there's a REAL psychic making these predictions.

With the release of iPredict+ , the app has become a utility device. In the next few months we will be adding more psychics (through an in-app purchase) that have many other AMAZING powers.

The first new psychic, Nadia, can predict any number between 1 and 75 . . . You can use her in no many ways (lottery numbers, dates, dice rolls, etc.)

All of us here at Rostami Magic and theory11 are looking forward to your thoughts and performances with iPredict+

all the best,
Greg Rostami
MAOmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus
97 Posts

Profile of MAOmagic
Great to hear you are partnering with T11 on this! Looking forward to many new updates!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I've been a fan of Greg's apps from the beginning. I'm upgrading to an iPhone 4S this weekend, so I can't wait to get this!
I've done the standard iPredict on my iPod Touch tons of times, and it's great!!
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Bought it. Like it. Using it later tonight...

;)
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2716 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi allen_m,

Wow, I'm glad you can use it so soon.

Please keep in mind that if you perform for MANY people, you can have everyone call the psychic at the SAME TIME.

Also, if you don't want to use the name of Christen, you can always use your iPhone's Contacts app to change all of Christen's contact info to be whatever you want.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Greg,

What exactly has changed from the original iPredict and Theory11's iPredict+? Do previous users get the update automatically or do we need to purchase it again? I recently bought iPredict about a month ago but haven't had to opportunity to really use it extensively. Curious to see what else iPredict+ offers.

Thanks,

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2716 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi RS,

iPredict+ allows you to either text or call the psychic . . . either on your phone or your spectators phone.
iPredict+ also has other psychics that can do other effect. On the old iPredict, there was only one psychic that could only predict cards.

There's now a new psychic called Nadia (that you can get for $2.99 using an in app purchase) who can also predict numbers between 1 and 75. This allows you to perform many routines that are based on numbers instead of cards.

In the near future there are going to be even more psychics that will do even more amazing effects . . . stay tuned!

And you can get the upgrade to iPredict+ for FREE!

all the best,
Greg Rostami
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Greg, I have pm'd you - am having big problems with the upgrade. I cannot get onto Christens page whatsoever and am now left with an APP that has been upgraded from a masterpiece (in my view!) to something that is presently unworkable. Am sure it is just teething problems as I can really appreciate the time and effort that you have gone to in bringing this wonderful effect out and I really hope that you can sort this for me (or at least restore the original effect if nothing else!) Am working with an iPhone 3G.

Another problem that I am having is that the numbers on the contact pages are prefixed as '1' rather than '001' and, living outside of the US as I do, am unable to make the call directly from this page. Instead I have to find the keypad and manually dial the 001 in - otherwise the call is not placed. This looks rather suspicious to the spectator. Anybody else got this problem?

If I can get this text upgrade working then what an awesome effect and well worth you buying!

best, Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2716 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Martyn,

I just tried changing the prefix to 001 and it worked fine on my iPhone 4s.

Please keep in mind that the settings for the prefix has been moved to Settings-My Psychics-Christen.

I don't know about any other problems that you may be having, but then again, I haven't tried the app on an iPhone 3G outside of the US.

I'm on a business trip now, but I'm gonna be back this Monday evening. PM me your Skype info so that you can show me your problems in person. I'd be happy to resolve them for you.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of thementalist814
I just performed the updated version tonight at my gig. The lady screamed when she got a text back on her phone with the name of the card she only thought of. She wanted to leave the restaurant immediately because she thought I was working with the devil! No joke! People, this app rocks spectator's worlds and turns them upside down. I'm looking forward to learning the new Nadia upgrade and play with it. This is great and keep up the good work!
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Greg, thanks for getting back to me. The problem is that I am unable to open Christens page and can thus not change any prefix. I have already deleted the app and reloaded it with the same result. Are you saying that the contact numbers themselves may be changed? Ie I can change the number that I see in the contacts to 001 fro m a 1? If so, that would be good. Still need to get into the psychic page however. Will pm you my Skype and we can arrange a talk time. Am GMT plus 4 hours.

Cheers

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
I just started playing with this app, and I'm pretty impressed with the workings and overall infrastructure of the app so far. I think the primary benefit of this app is the fact that ANYONE can place the call on ANY phone they have available. That's great. There is one significant issue I'd like to address though. I have my contacts synced through my Google account, so none of the contacts were manually installed into my iPhone directly. Because of that, when I open the iPredict+ app, none of my regular contacts show up-- it's just Christen and Esmeralda, the app's default psychics. Is there any way to sync the app with the rest of my contacts without having to manually install the 100+ contacts in my phone?

I'd appreciate any input.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2716 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi thementalist814,
What a great story! I wish I had been there to see that. iPredict+ does tend to FREAK people out.

Hi Martyn,
We are looking into the problem. Do you know which iOS you are running? Since you have an iPhone 3G you might be running an older iOS that the app doesn't support.

Hi Raymond,

Here's how you get all of your contacts to appear.

Go to the Settings app of your iPhone
Scroll down to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and tap that
Scroll down to the Contacts category and tap "Default Account"
Change the default account to your GMail
Force quit iPredict+
And restart iPredict+

If that doesn't work, then try changing your default account to one of the other options there.

Please let me know how that works for you.
Greg Rostami
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hi Greg,

Am using 4.2.1 and this was working fine on the original config with esmerelda so will be severely disappointed if the upgrade wont work. Iif this is the case, how would I get back to the old config? Clearly the text option is a great improvement but esmerelda is better than nothing! great app!

Cheers,

Martyn
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Well Greg, I just upgrade iPredict. You have taken an outstanding magic app and improved it! I love the text addition. I also like the fact the psychic sends a text reply if the spectator keeps calling. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Greg, You're a genius!
Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Greg,

Not sure when you wish to contact me on skype. Have pm'd you. Am 4 hours ahead of GMT and you are clearly behind it. If I have not heard from you by late evening here tonight then I shall look for you very early the following day (in the hope that you are still up from the night before, given the time difference). Hopefully this will work.

Martyn
service189
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of service189
Will this ever be available for Android phones
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2716 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
An Android version has been planned . . . but I'm afraid I don't have an ETA yet.

The reason why Android versions of my apps are difficult to do is because Android does not have a standard UI.

For example, each Android device has a different "Contacts" app. They look very different from one another. So which one do I simulate?

But then again, we are looking into solutions/compromises to address the Android market.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
253 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Is Esmeralda dead now with this new upgrade? I loved her.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPredict+ 2.0 (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL