The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extended Stay by Shawn Farquhar (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I just spent the last couple of hours watching, and thoroughly enjoying, Shawn's latest release, Extended Stay. That is a heck of a lot of magic wrapped up in those three hotel room key cards. All I can say is, "Wow!"
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Can you be a bit more vague please.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Ah yes... the typical new age Café poster. Thanks for your positive comment.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you'll need to look elsewhere for a fight.

In the interest of being less "vague," the package is $35 (DVD and gimmicks), and delivers about a dozen (or more) effects, all of which are carefully thought out and clearly taught through demonstration and explanation. As I said before, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and look forward to watching it again as I work my way through the material.

You can learn more HERE
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Are these predominately card effects?

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi Sammy,
They are all tricks done with hotel room keys (the plastic card keys). You get three cards that, together, are used for the title effect, but then each of the three card keys can be used for a variety of tricks on their own (4 or 5 different effects, each). Many of the tricks do encorporate an ordinary deck of cards. Great "packs in your wallet" material.
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Are those key cards examinable? After that growing card trick, I can't imagine someone not wanting to handle the cards.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
All cards are examinable. The title trick requires a very simple ditch at the end if you want to actually hand out all of the cards, but the end display is convincing enough to make examination unnecessary (and unlikely).
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
This is a very well thought bit of magic. I had the pleasure of having Shawn do this for me live and it just killed.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Will dealers be stocking this soon? I carry a ton of tricks with plastic cards like these, and I hope to add this soon!
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I saw this and the stretching key fooled me. He has put some good thinking into these as he does all his stuff.
Official Thread Killer
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Thanks for the feedback guys. The DVD is currently only available via my website but I am in talks with a number of distributors. I am certain I will have a deal soon so you can pick it up at your favourite brick and mortar or online store. I wasn't going to join in on the thread, but I saw Stucky's byline that said "official thread killer" and didn't want him to feel bad... ;-) I have two trailers up at the moment with a few more to come featuring other effects possible with the hotel keys...

Cheers,

-shawn
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I just ordered this today after having an email conversation with Shawn about it yesterday.

I cant wait to receive it...I am sure it will be great

Besides Shawn is a heck of a nice guy, and this is something that I will carry in my wallet along with my PWBALL 60 and KIOKU.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

All the pre-orders have been sent and the super nice emails have been rolling in too.
So happy to see folks like the concept and ideas I have offered in this effect.
Here's a quick trailer I made of one of the effects that is possible with Extended Stay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5lRpVF118

Cheers,

-shawn
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I saw Shawn do all of the effect when he was in town and they are all awesome the the stretching fooled me bad and even after seeing him do the coincidence effect multiple times that night, I still don't know how it works! Its awesome!
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

I had a friend, Tony Chris, shoot another short clip at a gathering showing a presentation of two of the possible dozen effects you can do with the keys. The first is a variation on Peter Kane's elongated lady and the second effect uses what most folks call the Prophecy move. I learned it from Scarne's on Card Tricks, but the handling on this particular video was shown to me by Rafael Benatar. Fans of Simon Aronson and the original handling by Bill Simons will be happy to know I give brief explanations of both those handlings and reference which books to buy and read to fully understand the work behind each of these mens thinking regarding the move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7puIFgsYo

Thanks for the kind words Kyle and it was fun to hang with you in Vegas...

-shawn
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
Waiting on mine arriving,can't wait.Looks real good.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
I really like this effect! It is definitely one of those "carry around with you at all times" gems that really looks magical. I love the fact that it has so many applications for the magician and can play well as mentalism too.

Shawn put a lot of care into the development of Extended Stay. I remember seeing this little beauty about a year ago when he was showing me the first prototypes.

I know you will get a lot of use from Extended Stay and the Stretching sequence alone makes it a must have piece of magic. Shawn has worked out all the handlings to be natural and it does not look gimmicky!

I am a big fan of magic that can be carried in my regular everyday wallet.

This one excels to the highest degree of narley! Excellent work Shawn.

TC
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
The key card trick looks great from the demo! Well done Shawn!
insidetheeye
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of insidetheeye
I just ordered this yesterday .. I didn't realize Shawn was from Canada,, I guess I won't have to wait too long for shipping then..

There was an segment on a visit he did with the Wizard FX guys. He was talking about a lecture DVD he was working on. This has all his lectures, and some of his famous routines from the competitions he won.. It's supposed to be the Holy of Holly's is that the Bread and Butter DVD.. ? I just want to know that's the DVD before I start searching for the reviews on it.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Howdy,

Thanks for ordering Extended Stay and I hope it will serve you well for years to come.

Bread & Butter is my lecture notes on CD-Rom and I would be the first to say it's not the "Holy of Holy's". It's just the material I have been using for the past few decades to make a living. There are great effects and most are within the reach of most magicians. There are no difficult sleights or complicated plots. Just clean visual magic that can play anywhere around the globe. It doesn't contain any of my explanations for the sealed deack, cups and balls or such. It does have my explanation on:

MatriXpress
Photo Finish
Tagged
Egg, Lemon and Balloon
Card in Wallet
Deck Switch
Blown Away
MagiCd
Silver CD
Shredder

Thanks for your interest in my magic...

-shawn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extended Stay by Shawn Farquhar (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL