The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Am I the only one here that doesn't like football? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1221 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Am I the only one here that doesn't care about (American)football? I don't even care about the Superbowl - I don't even know who's playing. I live in Eugene and I don't have any interest at all in the Ducks, and when I lived in Columbus I spent a lot of time over on campus and never cared about Ohio State football. Nothing wrong with the sport - if you like it great. I just don't want to feel like I'm the only one. And If you don't like it, do you fake it? I don't, and I won't make small talk like I care just to fit in, though I can see why people do - it's tough to be different. The only sport I'm into is MMA.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Commie... Just joking Dan.

John
Nothing is better than more.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
One of the signs of the decline of the America that tamed a continent and became a world power in the XIXth century was the development of mass spectator sports in the XXth. Bread and circuses. From a culture of individual doers and participants, to a mass culture of passive observers. Almost completely pacified and anesthetized by cheap entertainment and the dole.
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
I have to many other things to be doing to sit and watch spectator sports.

I don't dislike them.. I just have other things to occupy my time.

Cheers
Frank
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I can't say I don't like football, I just don't like the importance we give it. A good ole high school game down the street- hell yeah! Watching nasty big guys earn more money in one game than I do in ten years... tends to make me cranky!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I fake that I like it.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Football sucks.
I'm on my way out in a few minutes to go enjoy the 6foot of snow we got here in Colorado...Back country Snowboarding
lmao...football what a waste of time

Have Fun getting fat couch potato's
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Usually, the nerdy and the ones who can never make a team, especially a football team, don't like football. Throw on top of that understanding the rules, which leaves some more out of the loop.

I like being around friends and family watching the game. What's not to like?
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Welcome to the misfit's thread.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I have never seen a Super Bowl Sunday go by without someone having to proclaim that they don't like the game. I don't care for soccer but I don't feel compelled to announce it to the world on the day of the World Cup.

:)
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2012-02-05 10:47, Kevin Connolly wrote:
Usually, the nerdy and the ones who can never make a team, especially a football team, don't like football. Throw on top of that understanding the rules, which leaves some more out of the loop.

I like being around friends and family watching the game. What's not to like?

I'm glad we can agree on that one Kevin. Good luck to your Giants. Time to start biting my finger nails!

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eating Buffalo chicken calzones, cheese and crackers, beer, routing for your team with family and friends. Enjoying life!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-02-05 12:16, mastermindreader wrote:
I have never seen a Super Bowl Sunday go by without someone having to proclaim that they don't like the game. I don't care for soccer but I don't feel compelled to announce it to the world on the day of the World Cup.

:)

Since the World Cup isn't on today...I'm with you on soccer.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1221 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Ropesadope, yes I am a commie, and if I had to pick a team, it would be a team with red uniforms! just kidding.
I understand why many people like football - I kinda wish I liked it so I could join the fun, but it isn't fun for me. I was invited to a Superbowl party today, but I said no thanks and explained why. I got roped into going to the Rosebowl party at a friend's house because my wife wanted to go, I didn't really tell him I don't like football that time. The guys just sat around not talking and watching the game.
MasterMinderreader, I see your point, but I almost never talk about my lack of interest in football unless I'm kind of forced into it, but I needed moral support from non-football likers. I also doubt I can ruin someones fun just by mentioning it, especially since I never said anything bad about it. For those of you into it, have fun and go "insert team name here"!.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-02-05 10:01, Duaut wrote:
Football sucks.
I'm on my way out in a few minutes to go enjoy the 6foot of snow we got here in Colorado...Back country Snowboarding
lmao...football what a waste of time

Have Fun getting fat couch potato's

Hey, thanks! I'll also get some reading in today...you know, another sedentary hobby. Have fun uhhhh...going up and down the hill. Simple pleasures for simple minds.

And of course, like George of the Jungle, watch out for that treeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
You are not alone. I vehemently dislike all sports and have never seen a football, or any other sporting event in it's entirety save for a single baseball game our host family took us to when I was an exchange student in Japan.
I had a father who didn't watch sports so I grew up knowing nothing about them. I was that kid that was always the last chosen for team sports and then shunned by your team mates and not allowed to participate in them. To me football, basketball and soccer all have the same rules. For me it was just slowly walking from one side of the field or court to the other in which ever way my so-called team was moving.
Since I don't drink sports are also hideously boring to watch. Football appears to me to be 30 seconds of action followed by 30 minutes of tedium as the players wander round the field setting up the next play. Since I have no emotional attachment to any team I could really care less which one wins in any match up. I couldn't even tell you who's playing in this years Superbowl.
I usually go to the movies on Superbowl weekend as they are generally not too crowded at that time. I even wet when our home team was in the Superbowl a few years ago.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1221 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I ran into my friend this morning, the one throwing the Superbowl party. He asked me again if I'm going and I said, to tell you the truth I don't like football. He said he doesn't either! He said it was about food and hanging out and kinda begged me to go... I said maybe. I know I'll be bored. Does anyone like football because they actually like it? (not because of the beer, food, and social aspects).
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6761 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2012-02-05 09:33, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
I can't say I don't like football, I just don't like the importance we give it. A good ole high school game down the street- hell yeah! Watching nasty big guys earn more money in one game than I do in ten years... tends to make me cranky!

ten years? that's all? wow. youve done very well for yourself.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-02-05 14:38, danfreed wrote:
Does anyone like football because they actually like it? (not because of the beer, food, and social aspects).

Yes.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
892 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
If it wasn`t for Madonna, I would not be watching!
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Like Bob I'm a little surprised to see people who will argue over anything. Weather you watch the game, wait for Madonna, or go to a movie it is a national holiday that you can celebrate however you wish.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Am I the only one here that doesn't like football? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL