The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » IBM Norfolk Convention Contest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Do you think you have what it takes to win the I.B.M Gold Medal or Gold Cups? ... or one of the top three places in either the adult or youth stage and/r close-up contests? ... or win a People's Choice Award?

Then join us in Norfolk on July 3 thru 7 and be part of the I.B.M. competition. This is an opportunity for your act to be seen and also to increase your performing experience and get invaluable evaluation from knowledgeable judges as well as a chance to win cash prizes !!!

See the IBM website for additional information or contact the Contest Chairpersons Oscar and Melody Munoz (oscarmunoz@mac.com).

The Norfolk I.B.M. Convention is YOUR Passport to Magic in 2012 !!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Take a look at the contest prizes for the I.B.M. Norfolk Convention this July 3,4,5,6 & 7:

Stage Contest - Adult 1st Place - $2000
2nd Place - $250

Youth 1st Place - $500
2nd Place - $250

People's Choice Award - $500

Karrell Fox Comedy Award

I.B.M. Gold Medal International Award of Excellence - $5000

Close-Up Contest

Adult - 1st Place - $2000
2nd Place - $$250

Youth - 1st Place - $500
2nd Place - $250

I.B.M./Obie FFFF People's Choice Award - $500 and invitation to FFFF

I.B.M. Gold Cups International Award of Excellence - $5000

In addition, the winners of the Gold Cups and/or Gold Medal are booked for the next I.B.M. Convention and are invited by British Ring 25 to perform at the British Ring Convention. Also the Youth first place winners in Stage and Close-up receive the fabulous FANTASMA prize package (see http://www.magician.org/node/423 for details).

(These top prizes are given at the discretion of the judges and may not be awarded every year - this includes the Gold Medal, Gold Cups and Karrell Fox Comedy Award)

You can't win anything if you don't try !! Being an I.B.M. contestant is a life-long memory.

For additional information or if you have questions contact the Contest Directors - Oscar and Melody Munoz at oscarmunoz@mac.com
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
What do Lance Burton, Howard Hale, James Cielen, Fanny Tjin (Jade), Greg Frewin, George Saterial, Keiko Muto, Arthur Trace, David Williamson, Johnny Ace Palmer, Joe Given, Giovanni Livera, Steve Bedwell, Oscar Munoz and Chase Curtis all have in common? All of them won the Gold Medal or Gold Cups at a past I.B.M. Convention. …and look at where they are today! We invite you to put the finishing touches on your performance and enter the 2012 I.B.M. contests.

The I.B.M. conducts annual contests in both Close-Up and Stage magic – with both adult and youth categories. This year we are very excited to have Gold Cups winner Oscar Munoz, and his wife Melody, to organize and administer the contests in Norfolk. Both Oscar and Melody have a theatrical background and understand what it takes to be successful in the entertainment industry. Oscar and Melody will continue the tradition of producing one of the top international magic contests in the world with over $20,000 in prizes. Special room setups are being created to enhance your viewing of the Close-Up contests. In Norfolk, the contests are being moved into a prime time slot in the afternoon so that the contestants can be at their best when they perform. For more information on the contest and to sign up for the contest, please go to http://www.magician.org/node/423. BUT don’t wait long; all applications for the contests must be received no later than May 30, 2012. Who will be next? You want it? Come and TAKE it! We don’t just give it away!
iamoneamongeleven
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of iamoneamongeleven
Is the Dealers Room gona be pretty Big?
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Can the comedy award be given to a close up competitor?

Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to the year when the big I.B.M. convention comes back to the Kansas City area.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » IBM Norfolk Convention Contest (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL