The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Livestock for puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I posted in the I'm a Boy section but realised that maybe this would be a better place to post in.

I am thinking of using livestock for my puppet act. Anyone has any suggestion for any livestock that is "puppet sized"
Example can white finches pass of as a puppet size "dove"?
I wanted to build an act where a magician marionette or other form of puppets that can do a manipulation act with cards and climax with producing a live bird as real magician would with a dove.
I've thought of a puppet dove but I think the real livestock would be more interesting.
My marionettes are about 28 inches high.
I am imagining maybe Siegfied and Roy puppet with productions of white colored livestock that resembles their white tigers.
Just some crazy thoughts
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
You can use white housecats, just make sure your Roy puppet isn't stuffed with catnip...
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
That's a great idea! Thanks! I'll just put the catnip on the throat area. heh
Visit my website
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Or a sleek, slick, black kitty could be a miniature black panther! I have owned several in the past that would have been purr..fect!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The trick could be that the puppet first produces a small fake dove (Wedding shops, gift stores, craft shops- made from white feathers). Then he puts it into a transformation box, cranks an air pump pushing air into the box, reopens the box and you have a real live full-sized white dove. Can you and your marionette handle all that?

The same could be done for a rabbit or any other livestock.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
It has been my experience that finches do not hand tame well at all.
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Hi Spellbinder,that could very work. I was thinking of a manipulation act. The body load can be in the cavity of the puppet.
I love the black panther idea!
Visit my website
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 01:32, maps wrote:
I love the black panther idea!

I had 2 black tom cats that would have been purrfect for it! One was named Raider, and he had a really, rough, menacing....uh....meow...if you can call it that. People were scared to death of him. He was just a sweet kitty though. I also had one named Salem that I used in a haunted house. He was always with the witches, and he really added a nice element to their lair. Sadly, both passed away. I wish I had them back.
Mister Mystery
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Regan,I thought a cat has nine lives? LOL!
Visit my website
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ha....I wish these had had 9 lives. I really liked both of them. Maybe they did....because I really only assumed they passed away when they got gone. Raider vanished and Salem disappeared in true magical fashion. Of course, had they lived Raider would be ancient by now, and Salem would be very old, so I would assume that both would have died of old age by now anyway. Salem was a witches cat though...so....
Mister Mystery
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I have been researching the cat idea and came across bengal kitty cats.Not the big tiger bengal cats but house cats that has bengal stripes on them.They even have blue eyes are absolutely perfect! Except they are not easy to find.
Visit my website
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Livestock for puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL