The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Curious about knock offs and what is accepted by the community (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
HCM
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of HCM
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 10:14, mmreed wrote:
But like I said - it happens all the time in business - its not something that can be avoided without costly legal protection.

With magic, there is really no protection that can be had with any amount of money, unless you patent your method. I have been involved in magic for over 20 years. I was always taught to carry on the tradition of respecting others as I would in everyday life. That respect implies something above the laws. Even though it's legal to rip off a magic effect, that doesn't mean it's "okay". When I got involved with magic, it was at the tail end of a golden age. The younger generation may never understand magic as it once was. I find it disturbing, but times change and there isn't much we can do about it unless people turn to their morals when making a decision on what to buy.
Joel Broock
High Caliber Magic, LLC
www.highcalibermagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Curious about knock offs and what is accepted by the community (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL