The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Great Celebration For The Giants. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
What a great day for the fans, Jersey and New York. This is just as good as Sunday night.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I will go to my deathbed stating that the Giants did not win that game. The Patriots lost it. (There is a difference.)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 12:39, ed rhodes wrote:
I will go to my deathbed stating that the Giants did not win that game. The Patriots lost it. (There is a difference.)

Yes, the Patriots lost it by only scoring 17 points. Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

LOL!
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Kevin
I sure am glad your underwear is no longer all bunched up.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:

I agree ED. The Giants NEEDED help from the Patriots to win that game. They needed certain factors to happen such as Gronkowski being hurt. (Would have been a whole different game)

The points given to them at the beginning.

Another prayer catch in the 4th Quarter (Awesome catch, awesome pass by the way. Taking nothing away from him or Eli)

But then again, the Patriots needed certain things to happen for them to win years ago, such as the dreaded Tuck etc. Field goals etc etc.

That is the way the cookie crumbles. I don't hate the Giants half as much as I hate the Jets, so Congrats Giants. Hope to see you next year Smile

Peyton, you still suck.

Tommy Smile
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Who could have foreseen that they'd get help from about the worst pass defense in the league?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Kreskin??????
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Al,

I'm just hope you perform magic better than you know football.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
It's a fine line between a genius and an idiot, with a jump ball in the end zone as the clock runs out.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 18:25, LobowolfXXX wrote:
It's a fine line between a genius and an idiot, with a jump ball in the end zone as the clock runs out.

Boooooo!!!! You smell like Poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry, that's the best comeback I could come up with)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud to be an Idiot's Fan Smile
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 19:59, TommyJ wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 18:25, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Boooooo!!!! You smell like Poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry, that's the best comeback I could come up with)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud to be an Idiot's Fan Smile

Hey, I know my last post was immature Smile no wonder my wife is always telling me to grow up.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:

But the bets pay off the same way regardless.
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
The Giants executed the Pats didn't. Even when Gronkowski being healty we beat them at home. If he was healthy at the bowl it would have made it harder on our Defense but not an automatic win. If the Pats was relying on one player to beat us then they need to improve their depth chart and get better weapons for Brady which they did have. They had Wes and Hernandez who were playing great and helping Brady and Company to charge down field and score. They did not how ever show up in the clutch. The catch. The ball was well placed . Great catch and knowing where the out of bounds is. I would agree that the Tyree catch was a prayer. This catch was just pure skill.

Anyone can argue their team lost it and the other didn't win it. Giants won it because they were the better team sunday. Pats didn't show up and didn't execute.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 00:10, diehards2080 wrote:
The Giants executed the Pats didn't. Even when Gronkowski being healty we beat them at home. If he was healthy at the bowl it would have made it harder on our Defense but not an automatic win. If the Pats was relying on one player to beat us then they need to improve their depth chart and get better weapons for Brady which they did have. They had Wes and Hernandez who were playing great and helping Brady and Company to charge down field and score. They did not how ever show up in the clutch. The catch. The ball was well placed . Great catch and knowing where the out of bounds is. I would agree that the Tyree catch was a prayer. This catch was just pure skill.

Anyone can argue their team lost it and the other didn't win it. Giants won it because they were the better team sunday. Pats didn't show up and didn't execute.

I agree. But I still think it would have been a different story with Gronk. One man usually wouldn't make a difference but I really feel this time it would have. (If's, and's and but's) We do have a lot of depth. I guess that is what makes this loss hurt even more. We just didn't execute . . .
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Once again, the Pats fans are a cranky bunch. And it was VERY nice of the Pats to help them out in TWO Superbowls. It shows that generosity is the Pats greatest trait. Certainly greater than their defense. Or offense. Or special teams... Hehehehehe....

And as to Gronk making a difference. The Pats said the same thing when they had Randy Moss. They keep putting their eggs in one basket. And the basket keeps breaking. They had a much more rounded team in the early Brady years. Then they fired all their great players one by one... I give you Pat fans crap cuz you wriggle so nicely... I am not by any means a Giants fan. But the ONLY thing the Pats have going for them now is Brady. Gronk is very good. But he is NOT a team. Heck, I had him on my fantasy team this year. And Welker. But even at the beginning of the season I did not think they could win the superbowl. The early team with the excellent defense and offensive line players were a very dangerous indeed. But now... Not so much...
Good luck in the future... But the Pats days as they stand are over.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
We keep hearing the Pats lost it. What if the Packers played them would people still say the Pats lost it or would they be talking about the Packer dynasty and Aron Rodgers?. But wait the Giants beat the Packers. Boy it just seems that everyone just wants the Giants to win and keep losing to them when it counts.

Lets face it. Like it or not the Giants are a good football team and with the talent they have they can beat anyone on a given day and lose to another talented team on any given day. Well this day THEY WON, and it happened to be The Super Bowl.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I think this season proves what many have known all along - the Giants are a talented and dangerous team that has what it takes to win in clutch situations. Sometimes it seems that they only play badly when the are NOT under pressure.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 11:31, Doomo wrote:
Once again, the Pats fans are a cranky bunch. And it was VERY nice of the Pats to help them out in TWO Superbowls. It shows that generosity is the Pats greatest trait. Certainly greater than their defense. Or offense. Or special teams... Hehehehehe....

And as to Gronk making a difference. The Pats said the same thing when they had Randy Moss. They keep putting their eggs in one basket. And the basket keeps breaking. They had a much more rounded team in the early Brady years. Then they fired all their great players one by one... I give you Pat fans crap cuz you wriggle so nicely... I am not by any means a Giants fan. But the ONLY thing the Pats have going for them now is Brady. Gronk is very good. But he is NOT a team. Heck, I had him on my fantasy team this year. And Welker. But even at the beginning of the season I did not think they could win the superbowl. The early team with the excellent defense and offensive line players were a very dangerous indeed. But now... Not so much...
Good luck in the future... But the Pats days as they stand are over.

Wow, tell a friend! I could use deflated pointspreads next year. 15-4 and one jump ball away from the Super Bowl...not a Pats fan, but I highly doubt their days are over. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in a Giants uniform who doesn't think they're very dangerous.

Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

I think the Pats are 6 to 1 to repeat and the Giants are 15 to 1 the last time I heard. These numbers are close to what I remember out of Vegas.

Then again, Vegas made the Pats 3 1/2 favorites and over and under of 54.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Great Celebration For The Giants. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL