The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What do you guys think about this one? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I 'think' he's trying to say that schools freak out over students talking about sex but they don't freak out nearly as much over them actually 'having' sex. Although, I think that if they were having sex in the hallways, the school would probably freak out over it at least as much. Maybe more, but who knows for sure?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yes, they probably would.
The point is that they are freaking out about the flies circling the bull. Not that they should always be freaking out about the bull either, but their approach is severely flawed.

Do I think that a school should be able to regulate what is and is not allowed within its walls? Yes. However, as Lobo pointed out, if you are going to force the public to pay for, and attend, things are a bit different.

If people were allowed to choose what school they attend, as well as which ones they fund, then they would have a choice as to whether or not to attend and/or support a school which does, or does not allow students to express their appreciation for boobies and/or ****.

By forcing children to attend school, and everyone to fund public schools you take away the choice.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Just in case, I am aware that some can home school, but they are still forced to find the schools they do not wish their children to attend.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby

I don't see why the child wearing anything in support of the blue footed avain should be an issue. I am also wondering why this is such an issue.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 10:08, Dannydoyle wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby

I don't see why the child wearing anything in support of the blue footed avain should be an issue. I am also wondering why this is such an issue.

Probably because they knew he was actually supporting the RED footed booby, and we deffinatly can't have our children exposed to that kind of abomination.

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 13:54, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 13:46, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 11:03, rockwall wrote:
Are you also for a girl wearing a button that says, "I love ****"?

I think this points out the miss placing of priorities. Schools would probably freak out over this, someone "saying" it, meanwhile students are constantly ACTING on it, which, although there is concern, no where near as much scene causing.

Well everyone knows that if you just take away condoms and sex education there will be no more pre-marital sex. That's a scientogific fact.

Absolutley. Just as everyone knows that if you PROVIDE sex education and condoms, there will be no more out of wedlock babies. That is also a scientogific fact.

(And just as stupid an assertion of anyones belief system as the first.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What do you guys think about this one? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL