The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Doomsday Preppers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 00:58, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 00:09, Bob1Dog wrote:
Kam, I can absolutely guarantee you that if someone is shooting to kill you, that you will absolutely keep your head down and try to shoot that person before he shoots you.


Hopefully, that's a situation that will never arise, but if it did, personally, I believe Kam. Some people are perfectly willing to die for their principles. Kam has clearly done a lot of thinking about his own personal code; I trust that he knows himself better than you know him. Not a code I agree with, for myself, but it's one I respect.

Image



Thankyou Lobowolf....I hope I have shown utmost respect for all your opinions and thoughts too Smile (if not, then I assure you my intentions were respectful)

You are however correct, in Iran, some of my relatives were arrested, and were asked to convert to Islam or die (this is NOT how Islam works btw, I respect and LOVE the Islamic Faith as written in the Quran, however, I have no respect for how it has been interpreted and practiced by some)....anyway, push came to shove and some of my relatives have died.....no guns to the head or anything

I would readily do the same, such is my convictions,....

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 01:02, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 22:43, kambiz wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 22:40, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 21:37, Chance wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 18:21, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Google "New Orleans looters" and read the articles that come up, then get back to me. Shouldn't take too long; there are only 380,000 hits.


And right afterwards Google for the use of firearms and murders of unarmed civilians immediately following the floods.


All the more reason not to be an unarmed civilian!



......and now we go back to the good old days of "duel at high noon"

the purpose of mistakes made by our ancestors is that we "learn" from them

Kam


Respectfully, I don't characterize self-defense - even deadly self-defense when necesary - as a "mistake."


But surely, the very fact that its a "deadly" self-defense is in itself, by definition NOT a defense. Wearing full clad bullet-prrof clothing is a defense, but carrying a gun is in my opinion a form of defense with the intent to "attack FIRST"....before the other guy attacks you....unfortunately by the time you realise that the other guy WAS NOT GOING TO PULL THE TRIGGER, you would have already attacked him, so where was the defense?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
If somebody points a gun at my kids, that will be the last thing they ever do on this Earth.
That said, I've never been in a hurry to do violence. It is always a last resort.
There have been times, though, when it's been difficult to resist the urge to feed some people their own arms.
But I manage.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 01:28, kambiz wrote:

But surely, the very fact that its a "deadly" self-defense is in itself, by definition NOT a defense. Wearing full clad bullet-prrof clothing is a defense, but carrying a gun is in my opinion a form of defense with the intent to "attack FIRST"....before the other guy attacks you....unfortunately by the time you realise that the other guy WAS NOT GOING TO PULL THE TRIGGER, you would have already attacked him, so where was the defense?

Kam


I can certainly think of situations where I would characterize the first shooter as the "defender." I think I disagree with your sure definition.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
You make a fair and rational point Lobowolf Smile

The question is would the US be a better place were there no guns owned by anyone?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Meh. I know a guy whose dream is to kill an intruder with a medeival spear. A killer's a killer, guns just make it easier.
Maybe if everybody owned gelignite instead.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Doomsday Preppers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL