The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » AN rip-off? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Hey Tony!

Thanks for giving me his e-mail, and man, I'm VERY honoured that he liked my peek enough to grant me permission to publish any version of the Acidus Novus that I wish. Geez!

thanks for backing e up in here man! Hope to meet some day Smile

Spidey
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Spidey,

I was interested to see what you had created, but I bought this due to your willingness to contact Millard. Kudos to you

With Regards,

Sean
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2012-02-15 08:43, Waters wrote:
Spidey,

I was interested to see what you had created, but I bought this due to your willingness to contact Millard. Kudos to you

With Regards,

Sean

Hi Sean,

So how do you like it?

Ray
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Ray,

I liked it. It is a handling of an AN-esque type thought acquisition method (read: It needed to be "sanctioned" by Millard). That said, the basic idea and handling thought were good. Without going into specifics, I will use the method in relaxed manner. My personal scripts for word revelations (my Manuchuran Candidate/ Freudian Slip) give a justified reason for filling the necessary spaces. Any more info would need to be discussed in Inner Thoughts. Maybe I should suffice it to say, his HAND-ling makes the work angle-proof.

Regards,

Sean
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Sounds cool!

Ray
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Hey Sean,

thanks for the review, glad you liked it Smile I particularly like the part where you said the HAND-ling makes it angle proof....whatever do you mean? LOL

thanks man Smile
Spidey
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Smile
StJohn
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of StJohn
Quote:
On 2012-02-13 18:23, Amirá wrote:
Glad to read that Spidey.

I had nothing against you personally and clearly my initial question has an answer now.

Best

Public forums are the best place to ask such questions. If you ask them in private no one has a chance to reach the wrong conclusion Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
It´s this product an AN rip-off?
No
It´s a variation technique to get the p**k from an AN bi**t?
Yes

Although nothing revolutionary,some interesting ideas and the "Conexion" effect is something very classic but with a good structure in my opinion.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Just watch the video and I have to say I really like it!

Spidey explands two peeks. bubble peek and conexion.

>> bubble peek <<

Yes, it is obviously the variation of AN, but the way billet "opens" is very unique.

I watch the explanation and I really had to laugh. How didn't I think of this, after playing with billets for almost ten years!

I am sure I will use this peek. I like it very much.

>> conexion <<

This is very cleaver indeed!

If I will not use the entire routine, I definetly use some of the subtleties Spidey suggests.
These subtleties utilize the charactaristics of double blank cards.

I think both tricks are workers. I will definetly use both of them.

Rock
Philliparthur360
View Profile
New user
Griffin, GA
7 Posts

Profile of Philliparthur360
This peek will absolutely fool anyone you come into contact with. Nobody will get it. 100% amazing and beautiful. You will need to come up with a reason to hold it in your hand however. Buy it. For ten bucks this is the best freaking method and explanation ever! I've gotten so many gigs with this. I made back the money I paid for it in less than two days after I got it!
With all due respect,
Phillip Arthur Simmons
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On 2012-03-23 19:29, Philliparthur360 wrote:
This peek will absolutely fool anyone you come into contact with. Nobody will get it. 100% amazing and beautiful. You will need to come up with a reason to hold it in your hand however. Buy it. For ten bucks this is the best freaking method and explanation ever! I've gotten so many gigs with this. I made back the money I paid for it in less than two days after I got it!

I´m sorry P360 but that´s a very funny first post, especially the last two lines...
English is not my first language but reading it fast it looks like you make $5,00 a gig and just bought the most amazing thing ever...

Oh boy... YubTub here we go again...
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
ramsaymagic
View Profile
New user
London
32 Posts

Profile of ramsaymagic
Have to agree, a nice variation on AN, great for more cover when needed. Recommended.
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
Quote:
On 2012-03-23 20:25, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-23 19:29, Philliparthur360 wrote:

I´m sorry P360 but that´s a very funny first post, especially the last two lines...
English is not my first language but reading it fast it looks like you make $5,00 a gig and just bought the most amazing thing ever...

Oh boy... YubTub here we go again...

Yup sounds like an ad.Makes me sick.
~NYN
BSpideyA
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of BSpideyA
Hey guys,

Im not sure what the implication is about P360's review, but I sincerely have no affiliation with him and I don't know who he is. HOWEVER, I would like to thank you, P360 for a great review. Seems like to these guys it kinda seemed like a sales pitch, but I appreciate your intent and thanks for sharing Smile

Thanks to everyone who had nice things to say about this Smile Glad you guys are enjoying it!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I'm a big fan of Bedros "Spidey" Akkelian and his Sneak Peek

A different trailer for Sneak Peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zc7kkLOUVg

Spidey performing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezvZ-NavCY

This man is a wonderful, engaging performer!
MindreaderDavid
View Profile
New user
St Paul
67 Posts

Profile of MindreaderDavid
Well this thread looks like it got out of hand lol.

So I got the Sneak Peak. I think it's good and has its advantages (if someone challenges or surrounded), but I also think its unnecessary. If your presenting it right 90% of the time people won't challenge and disregard the writing as important, so I prefer AN to this actually because its more open, quicker, and because of that it takes the importance away from the b*llet. Not to take away from this, as its a useful tool to have for that off chance but I've yet to have ever needed it as even when I'm surrounded audience management make up for it.

To me, this falls in line with what I call "magical masterbation" (can I say that?) because most people would get it to fool their magic or mentalist buddies since its overkill otherwise. It just depends on who your performing for.

So it's a useful tool and not bad, its just unnecessary.

However, the effect he presents with the blank cards in the video I really enjoyed and think that was a wonderful addition to this video. I'd say the video is worth getting for $10 simply because of this added with the peak. I thought it was great.

And to Spidey, that YouTube video the person above me posted of you performing for that reporter lady I really enjoyed the arm part a lot. I think because its just such a "pure" moment and is one of those things where people watching it will most likely try it themselves at home and it will make them think of you. Ties in great with how emotions affect us.

Anyway it's good to meet you Spidey Smile

Keep it up
Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I got this but other than the drawing dupe used to demonstrate I didn't see any other effect on the video.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
It is a shame this thread has such an off putting title. I've just watched Sneak Peek and tried it out. It is very deceptive and with a handling I have not seen before. For a sneaky peek, this has to be one of the best and one I'll definitely be using. All you need is a pen and business card and you're all set for a miracle - what more could you want!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » AN rip-off? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL