The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Would you want to learn...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gr81disp
View Profile
New user
Dallas, GA USA
11 Posts

Profile of gr81disp
Hopefully, everybody reading this is familiar with the UCCU that was marketed as Any Signed Card from any Spectator's Wallet. This got me thinking about the requirements for the gimmick and I began to wonder, could I create the same effect without a gimmick? I believe that I have come up with the method but it does change the effect and might be too complex, so lemme run through the routine and you let me know if it's any good.

The magician selects two spectators from the crowd or approaches a couple etc. we will refer to them as sp1 and sp2.

Magician: "Sp1, please select a card."

Sp1 selects a card (c1).

M: "Take this sharpie and when I turn my back, please mark the face of the card and show it to the audience."

M turns his back while Sp1 marks and shows card. M them faces forward and sp1 replaces the card in the deck andthe card is then lost and shuffled.

M: "Sp2, please select a card from the deck, if it is sp1's card, please replace it and select a different card."

Sp2 selects a card (c2).

M: "sp1, please hand sp2 the marker. Sp2, when I turn my back please mark the face of the card and then show everybody the marked card."

M hands sp1 the deck.

M: "You hold on to these and do not let them go."

M then turns his back while sp2 marks the card and shows the audience. M then faces forward and, takes the card without looking at the cardface.

M: "sp2, please take anything out of you wallet you wish and hand me your wallet."

While sp2 does this action, M folds c2 into fourths in clear view of the audience, never looking at c2. M hands the folded c2 to Sp2 and takes the wallet.

M: "hold this tight."

M then shows the wallet empty on the inside and the pockets. M closes the wallet and can hand it to either spectator or just place it on the ground. M then does magical gestures or words or anything.

M: sp1, please find c1 in the deck.

Sp1 searches the deck unable to find the card.

M: sp2, please unfold your card. Sp2 unfolds the card and finds the marked c1. At this point the wallet is opened again and a folded card is inside that when unfolded is revealed to be c2.

Effect is pure sleight of hand and impromptu. What does the Café think?
ConnWallace
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ConnWallace
I like the idea, although having a spectator empty the contents of his wallet may be time consuming and messy. Other than that, great idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Would you want to learn...? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL