The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » psychological forces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
While a long time avoiding mentalism because of stupid psychological forces using math and complicated instructions to go through, I now embrace a lot of them. The 68/35 number force is my favorite. While I do not like them as a mind-reading of the spectator, they work BRILLIANTLY for the spectator to read MY mind. When done the other way around I always get stuck because everyone else around goes, hey I was thinking that. But if they were reading MY mind, it STRONGLY enhances the effect. The square/triangle=house one is good also but not AS good.

Sadly, due to the avoidance of such forces I only know of the two. I know of several math forces but I hate those things! Does anyone know where I can find more of these psychological forces that stay away from the (think of number, then subtract such and such, now add that to, now...) kind of effects and are completely impromptu.

Thanks!

Jonathan GRant
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Banachek's "Psychological Subtleties"
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
Yes, Banachek's Psychological Subtleties is one of the best Mentalism books around. There are some mathematical effects that doesn't require all the add and subtract stuffs...however there is one effect inside which although uses this adding and subtract stuffs (but kept to the very minimum), it is very very strong! you can even use it over the phone! do check it out! It's called "Reversal"
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Yes, I'm in line to get that book. Is reversal the one where they subract their original number backwards from the number? I'm aware of that one also. But it still doesn't work for the reverse mind reading.

Any other books or sources?

JOnathan Grant
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
yes it is. But Reversal adds some extra subtleties to it and the result is something that is very powerful to the layman. It is a great improvement to the one where "they subtract the original number backwards kind of magic"
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I see. Thanks! I can imagine what Banachek could do to it! I want to get all of his material.

Jonathan Grant
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
yes!! all his materials are great! Besides this book, i have his Psychokinetic Times and Psychokinetic Touches...they are all very good Smile
MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
check the trhead before posting something because this thread exist already.

ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » psychological forces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL