The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Watch other magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

204rags
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of 204rags
It is a known fact that magicians steal patter (and tricks/routines, too) from other magicians. For example,just recently I had the pleasure of watching Jay Marshall doing his troublewit routine on Youtube. His whole routine is filled with puns and jokes which he delivers more or less dead pan. This is just one example of watching another magician to find jokes/puns you could use.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
I think the proper term for this is 'hack.''
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I don't get it. What's the point of this thread? To draw attention to the fact that magicians steal routines?
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
So this means if you steal from others then you are trying to be like them. What is wrong with being yourself and being original?
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I don't really get this thread either. Are you saying stealing from late magicians is a good way to write a routine?

I watched Jay Marshall's troublewit routine and I think what you can learn from it is it's not the jokes that make it funny but the Jay's character.

The gags were terrible but Mr Marshall was funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Watch other magicians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL