The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Who really performs for 'strangers' and what tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Capt.Hook made me wonder who really performs for 'strangers' here? I don't mean close family or close friends. Performing for strangers doesn't mean you have to get payed by the way.

I have never performed for strangers, not even colleagues at my school (too scared Smile). I did perform for my students though, but never a Tenyo item Smile

And another question for those who perform as (semi-) professional, do you use Tenyo items and which ones? What routine/patter do you use?

I know this kind of thread and question has been posted and asked for in the "New To Magic" forum, but
- a lot of us only post on this Tenyo forum and
- almost never Tenyo comes into discussion when someone asks "what is ideal for my first magic show/gig" ... .
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
Quote:
On 2012-02-11 15:59, Killertweety wrote:
Capt.Hook made me wonder who really performs for 'strangers' here? I don't mean close family or close friends. Performing for strangers doesn't mean you have to get payed by the way.

Killertweety - well, I think I might have know ten people tonight - the other 170 were total strangers to me. But it was a blast!
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
647 Posts

Profile of Inert
Two great posts in a row Killertweety. So as not to turn my answer into a 14 page essay, I have to skip some parts of the original question such as patter, etc. I perform almost all my Tenyo with a few exceptions. Eye of the Idol is almost impossible to set-up beforehand, so a no go on that 1. Some stuff, I substitute some props. Stereo got me into Knife Of The Ninja, but I use a real knife as the included 1 is feeble. Think you get the general idea here, without me babbling on with more examples. H*ll, I've even done nights with 99 cent props like Snapper & Imp Bottle. The secret to performance is King Kong B*lls. Because some of the props are years & years old or are well known to us Illusionists, it doesn't matter. It's all new to the public. The public could also care less if an item is plastic, metal or wood. They just want to be entertained. Same with secrets. I could care less if the answer is known or not. Just be entertaining. Say, for example you are in a bar & the cool cat guy is jamming away Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here," song. Nobody rushes up & says, "I can play that too." The 1 thing I do recommend is always having a few heckler proof, witty one-liner zingers. This applies to all entertainers. A rare occurrence thou as most folks are just happy for a night out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Who really performs for 'strangers' and what tricks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL