The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Card Changer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
This looks to be a good trick.

Not like the small Tenyo tricks that I favor and too big for my Tenyo brief case (which I will be sharing pictures of sometime soon) but still a trick I would like to get.

I am looking for opinions on this trick and also looking to buy or trade for a like new opened one or a new in package one.

Thanks
AA
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
647 Posts

Profile of Inert
Dandy trick for sure. Maybe try T-160 Fantastica if finding the other turns into a chore or if it is too pricey. Somewhat similar in effect & way smaller in size, which you seem to prefer. Happy hunting.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Yes Fantastica is on my list as well and will fit in my Tenyo case.

Thanks for the info.

AA
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I never succed in perform Card Changer, maybe I don't understand the instructions, maybe I have buy a broken one, I don't know but impossible for me to undersand how I can use it.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
647 Posts

Profile of Inert
Greetings Stereo. I've never owned Card Changer & was just giving my opinion that it's a dandy trick in effect. If I could help you out I would. If my feeble memory is correct, I believe it is one of Houdini103126 signature tricks or he has lots of experience with it. Maybe shoot him a PM to solve your problem. Pre-apologies to Houdini for throwing him into the spotlight or if I'm mistaken.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Card Changer looks great when it works, but it's finicky. The thin plastic tends to warp over time and prevents the card from sliding through. If you can get the gimmick to slide into place when you first drop the card through, it should work with no problem.
blackstone99
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of blackstone99
I have it and it works fine. It does take a little practice.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 16:16, Inert wrote:
Greetings Stereo. I've never owned Card Changer & was just giving my opinion that it's a dandy trick in effect. If I could help you out I would. If my feeble memory is correct, I believe it is one of Houdini103126 signature tricks or he has lots of experience with it. Maybe shoot him a PM to solve your problem. Pre-apologies to Houdini for throwing him into the spotlight or if I'm mistaken.

Indeed!

Despite their rarity, I have several of them in gem mint condition, brand new. I have no current ones opened but have certainly played with it in the past and Richard's right. The plastic can warp making the effect unworkable, so be careful where you store yours!

Not interested in selling my Tenyo but I do have a few for trade for the right Tenyo, PM me if interested.

Best,

Tom
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Like mentioned in this thread it requires practice to hold it just at the right angle - if not done properly the gimmick won't dislodge or dislodge too fast. Not one of my favourites because of that, it's a great trick but sometimes fails for me.
I've had a Cardchanger that didn't work at all by the way, the gimmick always dislodged too fast.
It's a bit like Wonder Window, hit or miss when you buy one, and it doesn't matter if it's sealed in package or not because the one that didn't work at all I had was a brand new one I bought - same with Wonder Window. I even advise you to buy one that has been tested a few times - even if that means taken out of the package (carefully Smile ).
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3451 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have had the same experience as Killertweety with this. Tricky to get this to work 100% of the time. It does look cool and one of those items that is fun to experiment with. Like Houdini I also have a few mint extras of this that I have used to trade for missing items.

John
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 10:47, Killertweety wrote:

and it doesn't matter if it's sealed in package or not because the one that didn't work at all I had was a brand new one I bought - same with Wonder Window. I even advise you to buy one that has been tested a few times - even if that means taken out of the package (carefully Smile ).

It's like I said, BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU STORE IT. Of course it doesn't matter if it's used or new, thin plastic is thin plastic and it's subject to expansion and contraction.

The trick is very easy to fix when stuck.

Wonder Window is FAR more likely to fail than Card Changer from my experience.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I've always done Card Changer as a face-up change. I don't know why the instructions explain the change done when the back of the card is toward the audience. It's much better when you do a chance from a, say, black spot card to a red picture card with the face of the cards toward the audience.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-02-17 19:51, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I've always done Card Changer as a face-up change. I don't know why the instructions explain the change done when the back of the card is toward the audience. It's much better when you do a chance from a, say, black spot card to a red picture card with the face of the cards toward the audience.

Couldn't agree more!

Face up makes Card Changer much more stunning when it's pulled off without a hitch.

Love it.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I agree as well. In fact I had completely forgotten that the instructions said to do it face down and had been doing face up whenever I used it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Card Changer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL