The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Don't mess with me because I am now armed with a THUNDERSTAFF (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I didn't have high expectations for this trick but I am pleasantly surprised.

The cards are so nicely made and the effect is actually pretty cool.

Sometimes you never know.

AA
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1398 Posts

Profile of edshern
You are?
They are?
It is?
I guess, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2435 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I think we all knew.
Thunderstaff is a loser, but if you could post a video of yourself performing it that could help to change my opinion. Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3451 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Not my favorite but like AA, I think the props are kinda cool. The few times I have performed it the reactions were better than I expected. I was recently reading an old issue of Genii from the 60's that featured Japanese magicians. There was a cool routine in there that used a stripper deck and a pair of silver "talons" called "The Hawk". Essentially you would have a card selected and returned. The deck is shuffled and cut into 5 or so packets. You bring out a small pair of silver "talons" and move them over the packets. The "talons" open out over one packet and you lower them and grip and lift the packet. The selected is pulled out of the packet and gripped between the "talons" as you lift up the "talons". The "talons" are cleverly made from a small pair of forks used for serving pickles, etc. A pretty idea that I may make up.... essentially a souped up Thunderstaff.

John
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I agree with edshern. Beauty is indeed, in the eye of the beholder Smile.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
A flag on a flagpole finish is a magic standard. I am happy there is a close-up version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Don't mess with me because I am now armed with a THUNDERSTAFF (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL