The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Medical Intuitives"? Fact , Fiction or Dangerous? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 14:28, PhiltheBear wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 14:15, seadog93 wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 09:53, PhiltheBear wrote:
After all, if their healing ability is genuine surely something like a severed artery would be a simple thing for them to heal?

Really?
Is that the only possibility, that a healer can either easily and effortlessly heal a severed artery or they are frauds and/or self deluded?

Either you are a healer or you aren't. Or perhaps you are half a healer - or a healer that only heals sometimes. Like psychics who get it wrong and say "it only works when....(insert any excuse here)"

Ah. So a brain surgeon isn't a real doctor because he doesn't fix ingrown toenails.

Okay.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 17:53, docsteve wrote:
You know, if you're not living in a 'grey' world (where nothing is black and white) then I would suggest you probably don't truly understand the data...

I hesitate to claim to understand the data, but I think that's a great statement/point.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 09:53, PhiltheBear wrote:
In the majority of cases people turn to a 'healer' when they've given up hope of conventional medicine providing a cure for a chronic condition.

Really? Can you document this statement?
Respectfully, a lot of people prefer alternative treatments to Allopathic medicine.
Some try Allopathic medicine, don't like it, and try something else.
Some don't give up hope, but are simply told that they can't be helped by a "conventional" doctor.
Some conventional treatment (which generally consists of 3 things: burning, cutting, or poisoning) is so terrible that a person will do anything rather than go to conventional medicine.

I have no doubt that some people turn to alternatives when they've given up hope. But I have seen no evidence to support your claim that the majority of people who seek alternatives do so only when they've "given up hope of conventional medicine providing a cure."

Quote:
The chances are about the same that whatever happens (e.g. cure/death)it would happen without the intervention of the 'healer'. If you get flu, for example, there are 2 outcomes - you get over it or you die. Conventional medicine can't cure it - but can relieve symptoms. A 'healer' can't cure it either - but can claim credit if you survive. (If you die - he probably got there too late - or some other excuse).

So basically you're saying that Allopathic medicine has about the same odds of curing certain problems as alternative techniques. I'd certainly agree with that.

Quote:
I spent years as an ambulance man (EMT in the US) and as a trainer. If I was in an accident would I want a trained, medically qualified person to help? Or would I want some kind of shaman to wave their hands over me muttering mysterious incantations? After all, if their healing ability is genuine surely something like a severed artery would be a simple thing for them to heal?

Why does it have to be an either/or situation? Why couldn't a person be trained in both skills and use the one he or she, as a result of training and experience, deems best for a particular situation? In fact, why not use both?
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Patient: "So, what exactly do you do?"

Doctor: "I simply amuse the patient while we both wait for nature to effect a cure Smile"

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
When I had pneumonia my ex-girlfriend made me take colloidal silver and get energy healing stuff a couple of times a day. Just kept getting sicker until I seriously thought I was going to die.
Finally went and got a shot of penicillin and got better.

Don't get me wrong, I love natural medicine, but sometimes you need a regular *** doctor.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Speaking of penicillin, has anyone here ever tried Notakehl, a homeopathic penicillin?

http://www.sanum.com/product_info.php?pr......guage=en

I've prescribed it to some of my patients who require penicillin for dental infections and it has worked very well, I can honestly say that not quite as reliable as the western medicine version of penicillin, however a notable number of positive outcomes...

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Medical Intuitives"? Fact , Fiction or Dangerous? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL