The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DUAL by Rus Andrews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

Just a quickie, DUAL is now released.

http://www.deceptionartist.com/dual.cfm

All the best

R
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I wish I could see a demo or even a more accurate description of the effect.would suffice.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Heres a review:

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 8:17am               
I have just read Rus's latest release 'DUAL'. It's an impromptu, any deck, easy 'Do as I Do' effect with no gimmicks. The basic effect is that the spectator shuffles the pack an you both get half of it and place it behind your back, and then freely reverse any card.When both halfs are brought forward and spread, they are a match eg. If you have chosen the 2 of diamonds, then they have reversed the 2 of Hearts. Nothing is added or taken away and the deck can be borrowed( no gimmicks)

However Rus takes this further with 'Blackjack' where if you reversed an Ace of Spades, he will have reversed a Jack of Spades ( and you could have a prediction in your wallet to prove you knew this ahead of time).

Next we have 'Gambit' in which after the shuffled deck is divided exactly where they say, and put behind your backs, the performer brings out 4 mystery cards from his half. When they are turned over they are one card short of an excellent poker hand. He spreads his half and reversed is the card you need.

Finally we have 'Images' using a blank faced deck with symbols drawn on(an idea of using business cards is also given)where 2 images match. Rus also has an idea where they seem not to match but upon further study of the images this is seen not to be true.

In summary I would say the effects are easy to follow, direct and strong, without any unnecessary clutter in procedure or moves.I will be trying some of the ideas out on the paying public and recommend that you do the same.

Very good release Rus which should do well with the workers.

Mike Donoghue
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Looks very interesting, I look forward to reading some more reviews.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Forget Duel! I'm still holding by breath waiting for Numbers 3! Smile
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey

Numbers 3 is well on it's way, there are some great new routines using the original numbers method, also a
New method adding an extra dimension to it that I think people will love.

All the best

R
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3035 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Total £7.99 GBP
This includes the main idea/ principal as well as 3 other effects. Once you read through and try this you will easily have your mind spewing out hot ideas like Mt St Helen's. Upon reading through this short but detailed idea plus the additional effects included, I reached for my deck of cards. I thought could it really be that easy to accomplish? Would it work as simple as described? Well on first try it did. Not that I was actually surprised but knowing my way around a deck of cards, I do know for me personally sometimes the obvious does not always hit. It may be the age or condition of the deck for example. Most recently this happened a few times with another effect I was working on. It should not have been knacky yet it was for me at least. Ok back on track. This latest release from Rus is smooth. It works. It is simple. The deck can be borrowed. There are no falsehoods in the effect description which is another plus. There are no gimmicks. There is nothing to add, nothing to hide, nothing to steal. It is clean, very clean.this is good, very good . I must say that if you are not comfortable with a deck of cards ( then you probably are not reading this anyway) the effect will require more practice for you. Not that any new effect does not ever require practice, I just want it to be known that this is not a self worker. Recommended
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
A while back I bought Rus's Bold DVD and really thought it was great.

I think I will be adding this one to my shopping list.

Regards,

Laurence.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
This is SO simple. I really like it. I will try to use this and see what reactions I get. Pretty clean stuff. Good job Rus.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks guys for your review and comments, glad you like DUAL

I've had a lot of fun with this little gem.

Especially when performed with a borrowed deck.

Hope it serves you all well

Ihookway: glad you enjoyed BOLD.

All the best

R
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
887 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I too can add my praise for this. A great little idea Russ!!

I have performed similar effects before but they have always required some kind of gimmick.

Rus has come up with a fantastic coincidence effect from a genuine, spectator shuffled or borrowed deck.

Yes, it is simple and yes you may kick yourself for not thinking of it, but isn't all the best magic like that? Smile

There are also some lovely additional ideas and thoughts in here that will get your creative juices flowing.

Thank you Rus, another little gem to add to your list! Smile
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
I've just checked this out.

Essentially, Rus has taken the classic "Do as I do" plot, streamlined it and worked it in to a strolling routine. Anyone who performs regularly will see straight away the advantages of this and appreciate the simplicity of the routine, ease of handling and how easy it is to follow from the spectators view point.

Also, Rus has worked on incorporating some other routine ideas, using the same basic method. These are interesting ideas and allow for a more of a dramatic routine that can take up a bit more time, if your looking build your set up.

All in all, a simplistic, practical and great method with a great set of routines all included in this one PDF. Highly recommended to anyone that's looking to perform this type of effect in the real world.

Lloyd
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Duel is really strong and I highly recommend it. I think performers sometimes underestimate that impact that an effect like this has. When a spectator has complete control over his packet of cards and turns over a card himself, he simply is fried when the two cards match. Once again Rus' method and presentation are on the cutting edge. You don't need any gimmick and it is farily easy to perform. Once again highly recommended.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Glad everyone is enjoying this, it's proper sneaky.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Anyone else wanting to get their mits on this you can find it here:

All the best and thanks again

R
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4672 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just got this and read the method. Again- this is nice. Very nice. So so simple, but the outcome will seem amazing. I can't wait to try this one out. This is going to floor em'. Another thing- as Russ states- this can be used for many other presentation and ideas. I love that you pay for a "Concept" that can help develope other tricks. Great Job Russ!

RNK
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
704 Posts

Profile of carlwag
This effect is to the point simple , its not too difficult and can be done with any deck so it is impromptu ,as with all russ's ideas this is great.

I would recommend it highly.

Carl.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for the great feedback guys, glad your liking this.

For those that want to get thier mits on this can do at:

Thanks again for supporting my work

All the best

R
davidleiper
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of davidleiper
I found myself immediately smiling upon reading the method yesterday! It's simple but like most of Rus' work, it's diabollically sneaky.

The Dual principle itself is great - it works in the real world, can be done with a borrowed deck, uses no gimmicks, and is relatively easy to perform. As mentioned above it's not a self worker but doesn't require any great chops either.

The manuscript comes with several effects using the method, however once you've had a play with this it become very clear that there are a multitude of effects that could be done with this principle.

I really like this and will be using it.

Highly recommended.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1911 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I like Do As I Do routines a lot, I always perform them (I'm a hobbyist). Will there be a demo video released?
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi,

I'm at a gig tonight at a local lounge bar, if I get the opportunity I will get a demo shot.

All the best

R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DUAL by Rus Andrews (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL