The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DUAL by Rus Andrews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1911 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
That would be great - thank you Smile
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 13:06, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi,

I'm at a gig tonight at a local lounge bar, if I get the opportunity I will get a demo shot.

All the best

R

Look forward to it!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Here are my thoughts on Dual:

When I first read the ad, I was intrigued. I thought I would wait for more reviews. As they started flowing, I pushed the Paypal button.

As soon as I read it, I was like 'alright, that is smart' but I was not super excited about it. Yes, the principle can be used in many ways but it did not click with me directly.

I then took a little walk and I thought about the effect again and again. I thought about it from laymen's perspective. It is simply 'impossible'. And very clean!! I even thought about it from a magician's perspective, and to my surprise, the construction, misdirection, and even conditions are so much more than what I would normally ask.

Yes! I did realize that I have not done the effect any justice. The effect started looking much better and there I was pacing back and forth thinking about how amazing performing this effect would be.

Well, I did not wait for long. I did gave the effect a test-run and the reaction I got was something I did not even imagine: the spectator literally THREW the cards on the floor.

And I am speaking about the very straightforward routine.

It goes without saying that I am very very happy with my purchase and now I am letting my head spin freely with variations.

For this price and for an anytime, anywhere clean magic/mentalism, and a principle that you can apply elsewhere, this is just great!!

Good job Rus and I am looking forward to more gems. Smile
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for the above, do not be fooled by simplicity I always say.

Here is a rough demo of blackjacked, I was a late night bar and thought I shoot a small demo kist to show how simple this is.
https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cfs-a......46c9c16a

All the best

R
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Simple yet deceptive, great work.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7580 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Can the spec keep his own pile and spread or is the work done once the exchange has taken place? I'm not a huge fan of misdirection to carry out any dirty work as I always get caught by a keen observer.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey pegasus,

The misdirection in this is so sneaky you would never get caught, also the move itself takes a split second.

All the spectators focus is on looking for a reversed card in the pile, thus giving you bags of time to do what you need to do, have a little dance and maybe pull a few faces.

Hope that helps, any further questions just let me know

All the best

R
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I've just read this and it is very good indeed, and the best bit, to accomplish this all that's required is something we all have in our arsenal, a simple flourish (and it's one of the best uses for this), clever Rus.

I really like the poker version, I'm going to play this so the spectator gets all the credit for being a hustler, this opens up situations like loading my items into the spectator's pockets, when I leave I'll realise my wallet etc are missing, these are then found inside the spectator's (hustler's) pocket. The card routine sets the scene so you have many options to go with this.

Once you understand the basic principle this can also be used for photos, blank cards, business cards and ESP cards, nice one Rus!

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks Gary, glad you like it, the ESP card idea is great.

For anyone else DUAL can be found here:
http://www.deceptionartist.com/dual.cfm

Thanks again

R
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4670 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, I read the PDF and tried this out. This works like a charm. When I first read it I thought to myself, "Will this work everytime?". And I am telling you- yes it does. You have to learn one move (flourish) which is not to difficult. But, boy oh boy- this is sweet. I can't wait to try this on a spectator. This is a little card miracle. I wouldn't pass this up guys!

RNK
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
866 Posts

Profile of Nechto
What can I say, I expected nothing less (but nothing more also, if you know Rus' style you know what I mean!!) from Mr Andrews!

A very direct, simple and effective effect. I think I will try this out tonight...

As always Rus, I thank you, in a world of over cluttered methods and routines, your simple direct approach is a breath of fresh air!

Click buy now!

Ben
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
I do not like the behind the back part of this. Is that needed?

-Altrez
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi,

Can do this with thier hands under a table, it's so neither you or spectator know what cards have been reversed.

Best

R
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On 2012-02-17 20:01, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi,

Can do this with thier hands under a table, it's so neither you or spectator know what cards have been reversed.

Best

R

Oh ok cool I understand it better now.

Thank you!

-Altrez
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1237 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Got a copy of this and I really like it.

I had been thinking of methods to achieve a pretty similar effect but this is the way to do it now for me.

Everything in here is really simple to perform and works perfectly.

I started working on this the minute I got it.

Not sure what it is, but whenever I read something by Rus I get really active with methods and being creative, can only be a good thing!

And another thing with a lot of Rus' methods is that they can be used in many different 'themes', could play as magic mentalism etc,

I have been doing this not from a borrowed deck but cutting out the first section with a little set up, but it's really simple to do with a borrowed or really shuffled deck.

Easy to do with a great effect and reaction, can play it how you want and you only need a borrowed deck. Great.

Thanks Rus, another winner really!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Cheers for the above sir.

Glad you like it and has your creative mind booming.

There are a lot of potential uses for this.

All the best and thanks again

R
myshadow
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of myshadow
I've got several of Rus' effects and have been pleased with all of them. When I read through this one I thought that this was not for me. The method was direct, straightforward and not at all difficult. However, I wasn't that taken by the premise - i.e. a do as I do sort of effect. Butnow having seen the demo I'm thinking again. I'll give this a few try outs and see how I like it. Nothing against the effect its just that its maybe not quite me.
Brian
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi myshadow

Firstly I'm glad you have enjoyed my previous releases and I hope they have served you well.

I always like to take a stab at a classic plot and give it my own twist on how I would perform it, also I like to set myself the challenge of simplifying an effect.

So this was my hit at a do as I do effect.

Coincidence is a great little effect, I'm sure you will get some great reactions as it just seems so impossible to the spectator.

Let me know how you get on and your final thoughts.

All the best

R
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Can you do it while standing, or do you need a table?
thx
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hey

Yes you can do it whilst standing, they can spread the cards in thier hands.

Best

R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DUAL by Rus Andrews (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL