The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Midas Machine Ten Spot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Is the older $10 bill that the "printing plate" shows on the clear plate still in circulation?

I had a whole fistful of Tens and they were all the modern design.

I am thinking on this trick that changing from a blank to a ten is boring and predictable.

I am thinking that changing from a single to a ten might be more magical.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
The old tens are pretty hard to find now.
You could try a bank. I originally got one by going into a bank and asking if they had any of the old tens. They looked through a whole pile and eventually found one for me but that was a couple of years ago.
I've since then gotten a couple of others randomly as change at local stores and put them away for Midas Machine use.

Changing a one to a ten is a good idea but I'm not sure the illusion would work properly with a $1 bill instead of the blank paper.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
You need one of the old $10 bills for the illusion to work properly because that's the bill whose impression is on the printing plate!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I've managed to print a duplicate of the old bills and adjust it's size so it resembles the real bill. Look it op on Google, adjust size in any Office program like Word and print in color. I once was offered an old 10 USD bill for the trick for 30 USD ... no thank you Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have buy one 10 old USD to my Midas machine on ebay france for 20euros... lol
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Smooth, Killertweety, smooth! I do remember a Buddy going on extended vacation for passing them around a little too much thou. Smile
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I guess this trick is really dated.

In fact the idea of printing a bill from a device of Midas Machines size was amazing in the 1980's but in 2012 portable printers of that size are available.

I think I will be able to find a bill that matches the old style but the hard part will be finding a bill that is in good enough condition that it looks like it has just been printed.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Normally coin shops carry random uncirculated currency from just about any year. For something that was common I wouldn't expect a premium of more than about $5.

Also check some backwater towns. I live in Louisiana and old style currency pops up frequently - even from that long ago.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Good suggestions Dragonash. I recently spent a week in New Orleans... Loved it. Should have ventured out on the hunt for old 10's!

John
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I looked on the auction site and you can buy some for around $15, but they are heavily circulated and worn.

Finding one that it looks like it just came out of the mint will be the hard part.

AA
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's not hard to find a new/old $10 bill if you look around on the internet for places which sell currency.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Agree.

They're out there.

MM is still a swell trick!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Midas Machine Ten Spot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL