The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Got time to check out another website? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Good question Bill. I was thinking about that myself at times. My customers always call me and discuss everything first. The "buy now" button is really for making a deposit. The only thing terrible that can happen is if a prospect pushed the button to make an unknown payment without calling me, while I was already booked. I will find out if I can get it changed to "deposit".
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Mike,

I like the site. It's colorful, informative, and shows that you give a fun show.

It all loaded fine for me, using IE 8 on DSL.

The only puzzle for me is: I don't quite get the resoning behind your "Magic Store" page. When I click on a product I get sent to Amazon (at least it's in a new window so I don't lose your page) with all the option to buy from a number of sellers. Some products came up as no being available. If you're an Amazon seller, is there a way to make the link go to YOUR listing of the item? If you're not a seller, I think a buyer could perceive the link as an endosement. And that has the chance to reflect badly on you if the buyer has a bad experience with the item or seller.

Other than that, I too admire your "Go for it!" attitude to get the gig and do a good job. I can't imagine you being anything but successful.

- B.H.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I was wondering about the "Magic Store" page myself Bill. The previous webmaster I fired set it up that way. I will investigate it more with my new webmaster. Thanks for bringing it up to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Got time to check out another website? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL