The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Need some help with Devano rising cards deck (Tenyo Version) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doctorwily
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of doctorwily
Hello. I have recently got back into the magic scene and I am now collecting Tenyo effects. I recieved the rising cards in the mail yesterday and I am a little let down. I realize that many Tenyo effects are not as good as other premium tricks (like the Martini Magic rising cards), but I am still quite upset that this is the only version I have and I am having problems getting it to work consistently.

The Tenyo version is the one with the "sticky" gimmick, not the needles. First off, the adhesive is no longer sticky at all. I am at work right now, but when I go home I will try to put some rubbing alchohol on it as this is what the instructions say to do. I don't see how this would return stickiness to it, but I will try. My main issue however, is that the card only rises sometimes. The gimmick constantly gets caught/stuck halfway and it's VERY annoying while practising to have this happen repeatedly. Also, when they DO work, they work much better on a flat surface then when I am holding them, even if I hold them loosly.

Can alone out there kindly help me resolve this issue without me having to resort to buying another deck? Thanks.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Replace the sticky stuff with a small patch of 'hard' magician's wax. I've done this for 35 years and it's great. When it starts to not stick just rough it up a bit and smooth it out and you are ready. Totally eliminates the need for replacing the little sticky tabs.

Best,
Brad Burt
doctorwily
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of doctorwily
Thanks for the suggestion Brad. I think I shall try that. However, I wish I could solve the problem with the gimmick not rising at all, or rising half way sometimes. Must be something up with the weight inside. I don't know. Grrrr. So irritating.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Need some help with Devano rising cards deck (Tenyo Version) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL