The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Silk to Egg? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Thanks again for the kind words about the DoveLite props.

However, I can't help but wonder how many of you are using my Egg Dropper with the eggs.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=54&53

I know that the Cup & Ball and Billiard Ball (especially for Fakini balls) magicians use them.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I just had a discussion with Donnie at RNT2 about that, Bob. Seems those bags have all kinds of incredible uses!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2012-03-22 10:31, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I just had a discussion with Donnie at RNT2 about that, Bob. Seems those bags have all kinds of incredible uses!

The Cups and Balls manufacturer should know.

LOL! Did Donnie tell you I also use them for a can of V-8 Juice or a box of Bicyles? (Yep, I cheat when they are loaded with a Snickers Bar.)

I have even used them for eggs!

You don't have to unpin these droppers to load and reload them!

Try them under a vest and you are in for some surprises.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1173 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
O.K. I have now used Bob's eggs in my shows for the past several weeks...and I have to say that I agree with the general opinion on this tread...they are absolutely wonderful! I had been a long time fan of the Viking egg (which is VERY good) however I now prefer Bob's egg. Anyone doing my version of "Silk2Egg" would be wise to get in contact with Bob...

I hope this helps...
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1399 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I will do that Cody. I've been using the Viking eggs with your routine, and I'm going to have to switch up now!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You do know that we also have the prop sets that match Cody Fisher's Silk2Egg trick?

You can get white or brown eggs and the standard 18" or 21" silks.

Bob
Bob Sanders

marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
So, hey, what makes Bob's eggs so worthy of worship? Is he loading them with cocaine or what?

Seriously, I'm curious about why they're considered so much better than other makes.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
269 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
They aren't plastic. They're some kind of ceramic. They look and feel like real eggs.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-05-12 03:03, marknem7 wrote:
So, hey, what makes Bob's eggs so worthy of worship? Is he loading them with cocaine or what?

Seriously, I'm curious about why they're considered so much better than other makes.

Buy them and you will not be disappointed- they are top notch. Never saw an egg like Bob's on the market!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The good news is that we are restocking it!

The manufacturer tells me he plans to retire in 2013.
Bob Sanders

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Where would you purchase the silk stickers for this routine? I heard vernet makes these, but I have no idea how to find them.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It hardly requires skill but I think Cody Fisher's instruction include it.

Rubber cement is my secret when I actually use silk for the fake hole.
Bob Sanders

Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
I usually just cut a circle from red duct tape.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Yep, I just cut a circle from a mathing silk and use a little rubber cement. A glue stick will work too in a pinch. You can make a ton of holes from just one silk.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I am selling my Cody Fisher set with 21" silks on Let's Make A Deal.

Sorry, it's gone!
Bob Sanders

RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
148 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
Steve Dacris routine is what I use. It is really nice idea to use S2E for walk around. I just want to make a quick observation that a real white egg when painted(covered) with "FEVICOL" & dried keeps the egg strong. As Mr. Bob Sanders rightly said if you freeze the egg so prepared you can walk around with it for 4 hrs easily. I hope you try it out. Regards, Raj.
J.CADEAC
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
67 Posts

Profile of J.CADEAC
About 15 days ago, I felt a sudden and unexpected desire to add this effect in my cabaret act.
It took me 23 years to "fall in love" with something involving a silk (except Slydini routine) !
I could have trained with a plastic egg ( I found 3 in a drawer, in the shop of the Museum), but because even for practice or rehearsal I don't like to use shoddy props, I started to read all your posts about the subject.
One name was (and still is) highlighted...
So I decided to order a set from Bob Sanders.
Just received it yesterday, and to those who are reading these lines because they're - as I was - searching for a quality object, let me tell you that all you have read above my post is far away the truth :
These eggs are REAL WORKS OF ART !!! I write it again : REAL WORKS OF ART !
If you place the fake on a table or in a egg box (hiding the hole of course) among real ones, I challenge ANYONE to pick it out.
One could retort that at a distance away from the stage, any imitation will be enough. Maybe. Most likely. But :
I will end this post by saying that - as far as I'm concerned - it's just the pleasure to play on a Steinway rather than on another piano...
"You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills".
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Eggs are back in stock! So is the Cody S. Fisher prop set with red 18" silks just the same as he actually uses. You can have white or brown eggs.
Bob Sanders

Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
Cody's routine is pretty fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to do silk to egg but it will take a bit more audience management skills then the standard silk to egg routine.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6694 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I'm not sure who made mine. I think I got it from Tannen, back in the 70's. Plastic. It really served me well at one time. I performed 2, maybe three shows in one day back then. This little egg still looks new. That said, I plan on getting a Sanders Egg. Can't miss out on that...

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Silk to Egg? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL