The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Problem with cold and shaky hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi all, I have this problem of having my hands turn cold and shaky when suddenly asked to perform a trick, especially when in cold temperature rooms. It always ends up in me messing up the trick. it seems that when I have my hands warmed up and prepared to want to do a trick, I do not have this problem. I understand it might be psychological thing, just wondering if there's anyway to have my hands "be prepared" when I'm suddenly asked to perform a trick.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You hit it right on. It's psychological. You're probably lacking confidence at that moment when you are pressured to perform. We've all been there. First of all, you don't have to perform on damand. I get tired of folks asking me to do a trick for them. You cheapen yourself by submitting to them. If you don't feel like doing a trick, just tell them you're not in the mood. By performing when you aren't comfortable, then you get busted and carry the guilt and it feeds your fear.

Relax! Don't do anyting you're not comfortable with.

By the way, I see you're fairly new to the Café, so welcome aboard!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
http://www.warmers.com/ItemDetails.aspx?......Znpift0A

Of course you can go to a sporting good store or a REI and just buy one to see if it helps you. ehhhhhhhhhhhh. : )
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6990 Posts

Profile of bowers
Its just a case of nervousness. it will cease when you become more confident in performing at a moments notice.the more you perform the easier it will get.another thing people will do when their nervous is rush the trick. and make a mistake.just slow down take a deep breath and enjoy the moment with the spectator.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the advice!
Yeah, I figured much that I just have to keep on performing and slowly gain more confidence.
I was performing for a fellow conjuror for the first time at a local gathering and I think that was what caused the nervousness.
I will deeply keep that lesson in mind.
Have already thought of some tips for myself, maybe if the next time the same situation arises I will just say "relax let me have a cup of coffee first", can warm my hands up at the same time ;-)
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
And....put your hands in your pockets too....not only to warm your hands, but to arrange your setups....good loose pockets will help you with that Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Problem with cold and shaky hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL