We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 02:59, davidleiper wrote:
Received this yesterday and have to say I'm really pleased with it. The quality of the gimmick is very nice (no problems with "lining up" as mentioned above, and the video teaching is adequate.

I'm not particularly taken by the card effect taught on the video,(just personal taste really) but the vanish and reappearance of the apple logo is extememly visual and looks great.

The handling will take a bit of practice to get 100% but it's by no means difficult.

The comments about only being able to use iphone 4 and issues with covers/ bumpers are valid to a certain degree - but hey- you're buying an effect to use with an iphone 4 - what do you expect. Also the issue of covers/ bumpers is dealt with on the video.

All in all, I will be using this, and am delighted with the effect.

Appreciate that swift solid review! Now if only it were 2 weeks from now already so I can order mine!
Riffle
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Riffle
Quote:
Appreciate that swift solid review! Now if only it were 2 weeks from now already so I can order mine!

I'll sell you mine
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 04:33, Riffle wrote:
Quote:

I'll sell you mine

Really? Whats wrong with it if I may ask?
Riffle
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Riffle
Mainly another impulse purchase in all honesty. Shame for it to be sat on my desk if someone really wants one!

Im not that happy with my gimmick, mine may be an exception though.
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 04:52, Riffle wrote:
Mainly another impulse purchase in all honesty. Shame for it to be sat on my desk if someone really wants one!

Im not that happy with my gimmick, mine may be an exception though.

PM me your asking price please?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

The Gimmicks should be perfect. If you have taken the outer coating and the second invisible coating off as stated on the disc, they should look great. If anyone feels their gimmick is wrong please let me know. Every one of the gimmicks I personally prepped was perfect in every way.

Kind regards

Peter
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
909 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Yes, my gimmick is perfect.

As it says on the dvd it is easy to miss the second invisible coating. When removed it is spot on.

Peter, I sent you an email re. my handling on this Smile
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1704 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I've been playing with it for the past couple of days now and as predicted, I think its awesome! The gimmick quality is outstanding. It is slightly misaligned but it doesn't notice. What they don't know won't hurt em! Theres endless possibilities with this and I've been coming up with all sorts of gags and effects with it that I've offered to be included with the final product. I think it truly is a fun, bang up to date effect that most everyone who is willing to give it a go, will love!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 06:13, JamieD wrote:
I've been playing with it for the past couple of days now and as predicted, I think its awesome! The gimmick quality is outstanding. It is slightly misaligned but it doesn't notice. What they don't know won't hurt em! Theres endless possibilities with this and I've been coming up with all sorts of gags and effects with it that I've offered to be included with the final product. I think it truly is a fun, bang up to date effect that most everyone who is willing to give it a go, will love!

Jamie Daws

When is the OFFICIAL release happening? I'm like the kid camped out on the sidewalk, first in line. =]
Riffle
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Riffle
Anybody that wants mine can have it for what I paid for it - unused.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I received mine and the gimmick looks really good. It doesn't quite line up 100% but I'm hoping if I have the guts to perform it then that won't be noticed. I also didn't recover the double back card and the disc included isn't the best but hopefully when they film the DVD that will be better.

I can't see myself palming though as my hands just aren't big enough so hoping a few other ideas will end up getting pinged about!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I definety like this Effect. The Gimmick looks awesome and the Reactions are Great. It looks like
Trick Fotography:)

I don't palm it off the normal way. I just slide it up over the top of the Phone and grab it with my
right fingers curled in, turn the iphone away from the Gimmick and just sleeve it. Then I cover the phone
with my right hand again and move the Logo back to his normal Position. Or when I am sitting on a table
I just Lap it.

You can also put a sticky dot on your sleeve, and when you go over the Phone, your sleeve touches for a
second the Gimmick and sticks on the sleeve.

I think this would also work very well with TKO or something similar

Hope this helps

Ceers:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
When you go over the iphone to wipe it clean with your sleeve, it sticks on it
and you are clean for the last phase.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1585 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Will try the sleeve idea!
Cheers Rasmus
rob1973
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of rob1973
I used this last night for the first time " in anger". It got an amazing reaction. I also used it on a white Iphone saying that it was quite easy to change a white Iphone back to a Black one. Not as strong but still worked!!
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
159 Posts

Profile of chuds
Hi Guys

Anybody had a problem with the disc with the effect? mine will not play on 2 computers at home or 3 at work! Have downloaded latest quicktime and still wont play fully.....any ideas?

Thanks

Chuds
Chuds
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Iyou need to open the file in my computer and it should work fine. It's not an auto run file.

Regards

Peter
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
159 Posts

Profile of chuds
Thanks Peter I will give it a try.

Regards

Chuds
Chuds
ibraa
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
51 Posts

Profile of ibraa
Will this be released for white iPhones?

It is a great effect anyways, I was just wondering.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
909 Posts

Profile of David Klass
On the latest alakazam news Peter mentioned that they are expecting a White prototype very soon.
If ok he said they will offer the option of White or black when this is officially released

I will be adding the White one. Imagine you perform this on someone with the black version.
Then someone pipes up "well can you do it on my White phone?"
How cool will that be when you show that you can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL