The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This is a great and well-made gimmick. I notice, though, it's very loud when the gimmick moves against the phone (i.e., when showing the Apple logo once more before moving/vanishing it). This doesn't seem to be the case in the video, but perhaps it's just not picked up by the mic.
Anyone else have this issue? I'm sure in a very ambient environment it's no problem, but elsewhere...
It's all in the reflexes.
F.U.D.T.S.P
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of F.U.D.T.S.P
Have you taken BOTH protective layers off?
Roger_Staton
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Roger_Staton
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 13:01, Illucifer wrote:
This is a great and well-made gimmick. I notice, though, it's very loud when the gimmick moves against the phone (i.e., when showing the Apple logo once more before moving/vanishing it). This doesn't seem to be the case in the video, but perhaps it's just not picked up by the mic.
Anyone else have this issue? I'm sure in a very ambient environment it's no problem, but elsewhere...

Without giving the method away there is a way you can hold it to make that sound go away
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
F.U.D.T.S.P. - Yes, all protective layers have been removed.

Roger, drop me a PM, if you don't mind. Seems that sort of thing would have been covered, or at least mentioned, in the DVD instructions.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 21:28, Illucifer wrote:
F.U.D.T.S.P. - Yes, all protective layers have been removed.

Roger, drop me a PM, if you don't mind. Seems that sort of thing would have been covered, or at least mentioned, in the DVD instructions.

I know exactly what you saying, they sell very very fine super thin felt in hobby shops, I'm gonna get some and apply it on bottom, I'm talking super fine like paper thing it will kill off that noise

or you can just talk loud when it hits hahaha

80% its good its just that other 20% that you hear that noise
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
891 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I'm just a little gutted that I pre-ordered now and so missed out on the DVD.

I would have loved to hear Gregs thoughts.
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Quote:
On 2012-04-08 08:04, David Klass wrote:
I'm just a little gutted that I pre-ordered now and so missed out on the DVD.

I would have loved to hear Gregs thoughts.

Me too Smile
It would be nice if it was made available to everyone who purchased a pre/release copy.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Peter promised Blackpool buyers a video download when the trick was officially released.

I think it may already be on the site.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 06:42, Peter Nardi wrote:
Yes Darren, We are hoping to have it as a download for those who purchased the pre-release copy.

Regards

Peter

Any news on the download Peter ?

Thanks
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

I hope it won't cost extra. Let's hope Peter is feeling generous Smile
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of rowland
I just ordered the white version to go with the black one I got from Blackpool so at least I will get the dvd with it. This is one of the best things I have bought in a long time. The reactions are great, as someone has already said seeing them rub the logo on the back of their phone when younhand it back is great lol
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-08 10:33, king2262 wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 06:42, Peter Nardi wrote:
Yes Darren, We are hoping to have it as a download for those who purchased the pre-release copy.

Regards

Peter

Any news on the download Peter ?

Thanks

I'm picking up a mental vibe that Peter won't be able to respond until he returns from his sister's house where he spent part of Easter. Peter, how are my mentalist skills? Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1478 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I purchased Pre release copy but I was told I would need to pay £4.99 for the DVD
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of rowland
I have a question for people that have the black and white version, do you find that you have to use a silk matching the colour of the phone, my reason for asking is I have been using the black version since Blackpool with a black silk and I have just ordered the white version, just wondered whether I can get away with the black silk if you know what I mean.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Smile Jamie you were spot on Smile. I'm back in the shop this week. Been working abroad recently so not been visiting the Café much. I will check the status on the DVDs for iLogo pre release customers.

Rowland you you will be ok with the black silk.

Reads

Peter
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of rowland
Cheers Pete looking forward to the white version Smile
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
The white version looks great Rowland.

Peter
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I've discovered that if I turn the gimmick wrong way down (that is, face down) the noise is gone. It becomes perfectly silent, as if the face is glassy smooth and the back has some roughness. Anyone else have this issue? Unfortunately, it can;t be performed this way. Seems both sides should be the same.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Illucifer,

Try not putting as much pressure on the gimmick when you slide it. A light touch will move the gimmick and cut down any talk.

Regards

Peter
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Hi Peter,

I'm putting no pressure at all. Sounds like I'm rubbing sandpaper on the phone. So, this is normal, then? I was surprised at how perfectly quiet the other side is. It would be ideal if both sides were like that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL