The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Mine has a little talk when I'm rehearsing but it's not heard in performance.

Peter
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I did this last night at Brighton Amex Stadium where I regularly perform for the corporate hospitably.
Turns out the guy I did it to is a radio presenter, and he just raved about it "on air" this morning!
It's bloody great thanks Peter / Craig Smile
Matt Wainwright

http://www.mattwainwright.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 05:22, gjmagic wrote:

IMO....moving something which is supposed to be permanently fixed is as magical looking as it gets (the moving hole plot is a perfect example) added to this, moving a natural borrowed item is taking this plot to the next level! Moving a card pip is a very good trick but it doesn't quite hit them on an emotional level, now imagine doing the same type of effect but using their phone, in the minds of the spectators this is just so impossible!

As for not finding the right phone, I've yet to approach a group where someone didn't have the right type of phone, oh the power of Apple!!

I don't think any of us see the real potential of most effects until we go out and perform them, or someone hits us with them, to prove this just check out the some of the effects Blaine or Angel have performed on the TV, and then mad rush to buy these effects lol!!

As you can gather I really like this effect, and I instantly saw the potential in it!

Regards,

Gary.

I cringe when you post Gary, because you're always spot on. I don't have an Iphone, but know it seems I'll have to get one down the road.

Clarke
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Great news Matt, well done!

Peter
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
The reaction was awesome!
Watching him spending about 5 minutes scratching the back of his iPhone afterwards was priceless!
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Lol Clarke!! I don't have a real iPhone (I'm on Android) but I have a large selection of dummy phones which I use for some serious wind-ups!! I do however carry a dummy iPhone just in case I'm not able to borrow one, up to now I've not had to use it!

Regards,

Gary.
PS Nice one Matt!
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2012-04-12 04:57, gjmagic wrote:
Lol Clarke!! I don't have a real iPhone (I'm on Android) but I have a large selection of dummy phones which I use for some serious wind-ups!! I do however carry a dummy iPhone just in case I'm not able to borrow one, up to now I've not had to use it!

Regards,

Gary.
PS Nice one Matt!

create a android gimmick with apple logo, tell them a nice story about apple buying android or whatever
Italia16
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Italia16
I'm not really into phone magic but this has me interested. This looks pretty cool.
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
206 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 06:24, gjmagic wrote:
Don't forget we always have the element of surprise on our side and the spectators shouldn't have a clue of what we're about to do, and they certainly won't see this effect coming!

If you want to add the gimmick onto their phone sleight free give this a try. Borrow a phone and ask if you can keep it, smile and at the same time place their phone into your pocket, add the you know what and bring it straight out again whilst saying, "Only joking" you're done and as far as the spectator is concerned you haven't even started the effect. This is bold but works, it's a tried and tested move/switch which works if you have the right attitude, in the minds of the spectator the trick hasn't even started but you're miles ahead, when they back track they won't even remember you going near your pocket!

If you're using a routine where the logo is to appear somewhere else (I use my effect 'One Short of a Full Deck' from iCandy, or I make the logo appear on the back of the spectator's hand) it's very natural to place the phone sticking out of your pocket to free up your hands (the phone is in full view just angle it so it wedges in the pocket) or place it into the pocket (leave the you know what in your pocket) bring it straight out again and place the phone on the table logo side down.

After the vanish of the logo I prefer to use the black silk to wipe my finger marks off their phone and then do the work, I then place the phone logo side down onto someone's hand, show the reveal, and then vanish the logo and show it's back on the phone!

If you know the old ditch in the side pocket dodge (PM me if you don't) when you apparently remove the logo and they think it's inside your hand, with just a little body turn you can go to hand the "logo" to someone and the hand holding the phone will be just by your side pocket ;-)

So much magic happening with a borrowed item and it's almost self-working!

Gary.

Thanks for sharing handling Gary,
however its difficult to imagine your timing with words, would like soooo much to see you perform the version you describe... maybe you have a performance video of it?? at least we can hope Smile
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 15:09, movemonkey wrote:
Thanks for sharing handling Gary,
however its difficult to imagine your timing with words, would like soooo much to see you perform the version you describe... maybe you have a performance video of it?? at least we can hope Smile

I'm sure you can work it out without seeing me performing it ;-)
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Performed this on a group of TV exec's the other day and totally fried them. I can't tell you how strong this is ! Craig has invented such a cool pice of eye candy.

Peter
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-04-16 02:05, Peter Nardi wrote:
Performed this on a group of TV exec's the other day and totally fried them. I can't tell you how strong this is ! Craig has invented such a cool pice of eye candy.

Peter

Which handling do you use Peter? Just interested cause I always like your thinking.

Best
Sean
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Sean,

I perform the logo move and move back ala Greg Wilson, cleaning up with a silk or cop.

Hope this helps

Peter
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
206 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
How much can you bend the gimmick without breaking it?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
How far would you like to bend it?

Peter
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Was there any more news regarding a download for those who purchased the pre/release copy?
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
206 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Well peter I generally palm card bending them nearly 90 degree, that's a more relax and natural talking position for me

would 90 degree be too much for the ilogo gimmick?
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I very rarely voice an opinion that contradicts that of the majority of my fellow Café members. However, I just watched a video demo of this effect and found the method to be quite obvious. I would like to add that I am generally easier to fool than the average magician.

Except for the equipment involved, it appears to me to merely be a variation of a standard color change.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-04-30 20:39, Tonylew wrote:
I very rarely voice an opinion that contradicts that of the majority of my fellow Café members. However, I just watched a video demo of this effect and found the method to be quite obvious. I would like to add that I am generally easier to fool than the average magician.

Except for the equipment involved, it appears to me to merely be a variation of a standard color change.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6899 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Okay, but... What does it matter if it fools you or not? Lay people will be floored by it and that, to me, is what's important.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL