The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..14~15~16 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
To balance the argument, a fair few people from the South East of London to London Central have iPhones. It's actually quite hard to pass a groups of people of which at least one of them don't have an iPhone. Yes, the majority of them have a case but to have it taken of under the pre-tense of showing them 'what your cool new app does to the logo on their phone' is about as much hassle as asking someone to remove their ring which is tight fitted to their finger or asking for a coin from their wallet/purse. If you look for restraints, they will take over.

The effect still looks rocking and I can't wait to try it out!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 18:18, JamieD wrote:
To balance the argument, a fair few people from the South East of London to London Central have iPhones. It's actually quite hard to pass a groups of people of which at least one of them don't have an iPhone. Yes, the majority of them have a case but to have it taken of under the pre-tense of showing them 'what your cool new app does to the logo on their phone' is about as much hassle as asking someone to remove their ring which is tight fitted to their finger or asking for a coin from their wallet/purse. If you look for restraints, they will take over.

The effect still looks rocking and I can't wait to try it out!

Jamie Daws

Totally agree Jamie
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Actually the thought of using your own iPhone is a good idea, just get ready to catch it when you hand it out for inspection.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Great idea Janie about how to spot fake iPhones
Hope this arrives tomorrow
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Jamie*
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On 2012-02-20 12:58, reignofsound wrote:
Great idea Janie about how to spot fake iPhones
Hope this arrives tomorrow

That could have ment to say carl !
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Looks like a good idea.
U think worrying about cases is a bit of looking for a problem. As mentioned, asking someone to remove the case is no hassle. Bumpers on the other hand, as they done cover the back, you would not be as naturally motivated to have them removed. Solution, don't do it from people with bumpers. I see more people with cases than just bumpers, do it's virtually a non issue, IMHO.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
I spoke to Alakazam today , I was told they will be sent tues/weds Smile
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

This sold out at Blackpool.

Anyone who thinks this is YouTube only magic, think again. Me and the Alakazam Team demoed iLogo not stop over the weekend and at close quarters, With borrowed iPhones.

The clean up is lovely, the effect is visual & the premise is up to date and different. iLogo is a perfect effect in my eyes. We had so many magicians coming up with lovely presentation ideas over the weekend.

I totally agree it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you like the idea of the effect, you WILL NOT be disappointed with the product.

At Alakazam we do not market pipe-dreams we release effects that work in the real world.

Thank you to everyone that picked one up. I truley hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Peter
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
My mistake should say Carl
Anyway I look forward to receiving mine Smile
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Me too buddy
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hi Peter. I couldn't get to Blackpool and in fact haven't been for 5 years, but I ordered this from Andy on Friday along with 'knock em Dead 2'as he said that I was one of the lucky ones to be able to get one of the 25 you had. My god that was a mouthful of a sentence. I watched the trailer for' IPhone' and think I know how it works (am hoping it arrives today,)but to me the effect is organic, impossible, visual and very simple to follow for a lay audience, and that is what cuts it in the real world.
Like you say Peter you don't release pipedreams.
Hope you did well at Blackpool.

Best Wishes,

Mike Donoghue
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Sorry about that but it would help if I got the name correct of the product I was reviewing I meant 'ILogo' lol

Best Wishes,

Mike Donoghue
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-20 14:24, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys,

This sold out at Blackpool.

Anyone who thinks this is YouTube only magic, think again. Me and the Alakazam Team demoed iLogo not stop over the weekend and at close quarters, With borrowed iPhones.

The clean up is lovely, the effect is visual & the premise is up to date and different. iLogo is a perfect effect in my eyes. We had so many magicians coming up with lovely presentation ideas over the weekend.

I totally agree it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you like the idea of the effect, you WILL NOT be disappointed with the product.

At Alakazam we do not market pipe-dreams we release effects that work in the real world.

Thank you to everyone that picked one up. I truley hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Peter

So where can I purchase this at Mr. Nardi?
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 05:17, mike donoghue wrote:
Sorry about that but it would help if I got the name correct of the product I was reviewing I meant 'ILogo' lol

Best Wishes,

Mike Donoghue

Looking forward to your Review so far not one person from Blackpool has anything to say about this,
I am assuming it was as the dealers say " A Sell out at Blackpool"

Does seem strange that you demo a new effect at Blackpool, which assuming it is as good as the demo, creates a Buzz
But don’t officially release it for another 2 months, by then the talk has died down?

(But hey what do I know I am not a Magic Dealer)

but if I was I sure would have made sure I had enough to cover Blackpool and at least 2-3 weeks after!
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 05:31, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 05:17, mike donoghue wrote:

Best Wishes,

Mike Donoghue

Looking forward to your Review so far not one person from Blackpool has anything to say about this,
I am assuming it was as the dealers say " A Sell out at Blackpool"

Does seem strange that you demo a new effect at Blackpool, which assuming it is as good as the demo, creates a Buzz
But don’t officially release it for another 2 months, by then the talk has died down?

(But hey what do I know I am not a Magic Dealer)

but if I was I sure would have made sure I had enough to cover Blackpool and at least 2-3 weeks after!

I concur 1000%
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys

Let me explain about iLogo. We did state that it was a limited number pre-release copy. Why was it a limited number? Because, we have yet to film the DVD.
Craig approached me with iLogo a few weeks ago and I loved it. So much so that I knew we needed it to be seen at Blackpool. We filmed a small quick time movie and had some of the gimmicks manufactured. We are expecting to film the full DVD in 2-3 weeks time. The estimated full release of iLogo will be 6-8 weeks from now.

I sure you will start seeing comments from people who own this appear here soon. Its 100% workable (as with all Alakazam products) and in my mind the ideal piece of weird to perform on someone.

Anyway that’s the answer. It’s not some sort of strange marketing ploy.

Best Regards

Peter
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 06:24, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys

Let me explain about iLogo. We did state that it was a limited number pre-release copy. Why was it a limited number? Because, we have yet to film the DVD.
Craig approached me with iLogo a few weeks ago and I loved it. So much so that I knew we needed it to be seen at Blackpool. We filmed a small quick time movie and had some of the gimmicks manufactured. We are expecting to film the full DVD in 2-3 weeks time. The estimated full release of iLogo will be 6-8 weeks from now.

I sure you will start seeing comments from people who own this appear here soon. Its 100% workable (as with all Alakazam products) and in my mind the ideal piece of weird to perform on someone.

Best Regards

Peter

Thank you Mr. Nardi. Guess I'll be standing by when the first batch is released.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 06:24, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys

Best Regards

Peter

Hi Peter

For those that have ordered from the stock you had at the shop , will we also receive the dvd once ready??

cheers
Daren
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Yes Darren, We are hoping to have it as a download for those who purchased the pre-release copy.

Regards

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL