The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
893 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Thanks for that Muscleman - whoever you are.

I tried to help you out and that's the response.

This is one of the most commercial effects I have seen in a long, long time.

As I said my gimmick is perfect and yes I would be happy to perform this in a very well lit room.
I have already performed it in all kinds of venues - indoors and outdoors.

I'll try to be nice again. Maybe you should contact Peter or the Alakazam team.
I'm sure they will be very happy to help. If you have got a bad gimmick I'm sure they will replace it for you.
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
209 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
So any smooth method to get clean without unnatural finger moves or a hank?
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Well I just pulled it on a few people, and it worked real well, I think my big mistake was telling people too early what I'm about to do with the apple logo, now I waited a bit more to when I was close to doing it
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
ILogo is one of the coolest effects we have ever released!

Peter
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
893 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I agree Peter! Smile

Musclemagic, don't tell them what you are going to do at all - just do it.

I say that I want to show them something cool that not a lot of people know you can do with an iphone. Then I move the logo.

If they ask how I did it I tell them it's an app Smile
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
You will be amazed how many people try to move their logo after you perform iLogo on their phone. It's so funny to watch Smile
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
This looks really cool. Buy what happens to the gimmick when there is a new I phone comes out? If apple changes the size of shape in any way your gimmick will no longer work right?
craigsquires
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of craigsquires
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 11:08, nowyoucme wrote:
This looks really cool. Buy what happens to the gimmick when there is a new I phone comes out? If apple changes the size of shape in any way your gimmick will no longer work right?

Hey Everyone

I am really humbled by the great reactions iLogo is getting around the world. Don't worry too much about a new iPhone possibly coming as all this means is there will be more and more iPhone 4/4s out there as they will go on sale as apple try to clear stock.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Good point. Iam in.
JBCloseUpMagic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JBCloseUpMagic
I'm just basing my opinion off of the trailer so I hope no one jumps down my throat. Anyway for 50 bucks there are soooooo many much better tricks out there to spend your money on. I mean yea anything with borrowed objects is great but its really situational. Yea I could just use my phone but then I think it wouldnt be as magical. Plus then I would have to not use my 40 dollar case lol. So everyone is just hoping that the spectator has the correct IPhone and has no case on it. Maybe I cant see the potential here but I really think its not that impressive either way. You can just move a pip on a card and get the same reaction lol.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I really don't think moving a pip on a card will get you the same reaction but with that said iLogo will not be for everyone. Those who have it and use it will know the power this effect has on a spectator.

Regards

Peter
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 21:04, JBCloseUpMagic wrote:
I'm just basing my opinion off of the trailer so I hope no one jumps down my throat. Anyway for 50 bucks there are soooooo many much better tricks out there to spend your money on. I mean yea anything with borrowed objects is great but its really situational. Yea I could just use my phone but then I think it wouldnt be as magical. Plus then I would have to not use my 40 dollar case lol. So everyone is just hoping that the spectator has the correct IPhone and has no case on it. Maybe I cant see the potential here but I really think its not that impressive either way. You can just move a pip on a card and get the same reaction lol.

IMO....moving something which is supposed to be permanently fixed is as magical looking as it gets (the moving hole plot is a perfect example) added to this, moving a natural borrowed item is taking this plot to the next level! Moving a card pip is a very good trick but it doesn't quite hit them on an emotional level, now imagine doing the same type of effect but using their phone, in the minds of the spectators this is just so impossible!

As for not finding the right phone, I've yet to approach a group where someone didn't have the right type of phone, oh the power of Apple!!

I don't think any of us see the real potential of most effects until we go out and perform them, or someone hits us with them, to prove this just check out the some of the effects Blaine or Angel have performed on the TV, and then mad rush to buy these effects lol!!

As you can gather I really like this effect, and I instantly saw the potential in it!

Regards,

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
893 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Well said Gary!!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
With you 100% Gary
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Nice one Gary, you talk sense.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Roger_Staton
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Roger_Staton
This trick is incredible...once the handling is down it will shock people...I would buy it now if I were you.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 21:04, JBCloseUpMagic wrote:
prob is that in this fast pace youtube age etc you need fresh stuff, card tricks in most cases might get a wow etc but to a point, new effects are needed to really get the wow wtf reaction that gets people to remember and talk about it

yes a utility like the extractor is under 100 bucks and can have a zillion and a half uses but its still will all be card related sometimes you need to spice things up with new things

key in this effect althou this holds true to many effects is that do not tell them what you are about to do until gimmick is in place
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2362 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It looks like great eye candy. To a magician it looks pretty obvious, but I am sure a worker who can take a person's eyes off their hands this could be very effective
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Don't forget we always have the element of surprise on our side and the spectators shouldn't have a clue of what we're about to do, and they certainly won't see this effect coming!

If you want to add the gimmick onto their phone sleight free give this a try. Borrow a phone and ask if you can keep it, smile and at the same time place their phone into your pocket, add the you know what and bring it straight out again whilst saying, "Only joking" you're done and as far as the spectator is concerned you haven't even started the effect. This is bold but works, it's a tried and tested move/switch which works if you have the right attitude, in the minds of the spectator the trick hasn't even started but you're miles ahead, when they back track they won't even remember you going near your pocket!

If you're using a routine where the logo is to appear somewhere else (I use my effect 'One Short of a Full Deck' from iCandy, or I make the logo appear on the back of the spectator's hand) it's very natural to place the phone sticking out of your pocket to free up your hands (the phone is in full view just angle it so it wedges in the pocket) or place it into the pocket (leave the you know what in your pocket) bring it straight out again and place the phone on the table logo side down.

After the vanish of the logo I prefer to use the black silk to wipe my finger marks off their phone and then do the work, I then place the phone logo side down onto someone's hand, show the reveal, and then vanish the logo and show it's back on the phone!

If you know the old ditch in the side pocket dodge (PM me if you don't) when you apparently remove the logo and they think it's inside your hand, with just a little body turn you can go to hand the "logo" to someone and the hand holding the phone will be just by your side pocket ;-)

So much magic happening with a borrowed item and it's almost self-working!

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Roger_Staton
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Roger_Staton
Honestly... This is the best effect I have bought in a long time...I use it every time I have a chance and the reactions are killer ... I use it to vanish the logo and not move it...it just feels stronger that way for me....but I use the method Greg Wilson teaches of the video and it is perfect for me. I a,so have a routine of my own with this the I love with playing card but I'm not ready to share it quite yet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILogo - Craig Squires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL