The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Blackpool (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Ian Barradell Lecture:
"Wow what a great lecture! As most magicians who were struck with the magic bug at a young age will know Tenyo is great place to start as it's easily available in joke shops. What I'd forgotten was just how clever and well made these items are. I'm a born again Tenyo fan and will be looking to get some of the items Ian so ably demonstrated. The Nintendo DS Magic Fun game was amazing, and I'm disappointed to say I had it but didn't find the hidden effects Ian showed. Although Tenyo can seem plastic they are so inventive."

9/10
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1301 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Really gutted I missed the lecture as my train arrived in Blackpool when the llecture was already on. Had I known I would have got an earlier train. I searched everywhere during the convention to introduce myself to Ian but alas I did not find him :-(
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
202 Posts

Profile of IanB
Thanks for the great review Nicolino. I'm a passionate collector of Tenyo and I love the opportunity to show off the tremendous effects that have been produced over the years (as well as some of the not so good ones). I'm missing only a handful from the entire collection.
It was a real privelige to be asked to be part of the Blackpool convention and I'm so indebted to Derek Lever for the opportunity.
If any UK societies need a lecture with a difference to add a evening to their programme then please give me a shout.

Angelo, I've PM'd you. Sorry we didn't get chance to meet.

Best regards

Ian Barradell
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Apologies guys, seems I couldn't make clear that my post was a quote from Matt Parro (somehow the last line vanished). Sorry for any confusion, which was not intended, of course...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
Ian also got glowing reviews for his performance in the close-up show too! Oh, and he's a nice guy! I hate him! ;-)
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-02-20 19:47, Angelo M Carbone wrote:
Really gutted I missed the lecture as my train arrived in Blackpool when the llecture was already on. Had I known I would have got an earlier train. I searched everywhere during the convention to introduce myself to Ian but alas I did not find him :-(

Hi Angelo,

I messaged you in an email and never heard back. Not sure if you received it

Can you pm me here?

Thanks

Jimmy
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-02-22 21:14, that'sCool wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-20 19:47, Angelo M Carbone wrote:

Hi Angelo,

I messaged you in an email and never heard back. Not sure if you received it

Can you pm me here?

Thanks

Jimmy

Do not worry it's the same for me, I think he have too much mails and not much time.
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
202 Posts

Profile of IanB
Thanks for the comment Martino.

IanB
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 16:41, Nicolino wrote:
I have encountered a sealed one for EUR 85,- only recently)...

Frankly spoken, I doubt, however, that your chances will rise by posting your request that doggedly anywhere.

Lucky you. Not sure I agree with your second comment though. As you just mentioned you got one recently, and another member here, Ian, was nice enough to mention one to me.

If I do get lucky and acquire one, I will be sure post about it as I am sure Nico will want to know Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Wow .... not sure to have understand everything but looks bad XD
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3444 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Ian, food for thought... I wonder if the next time you do a Tenyo lecture it could be filmed. I think there are a number of us collectors that would purchase a DVD.

Cheers,

John
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
202 Posts

Profile of IanB
Hi John
I guess I'm pretty shy about being filmed. Not sure whether it would be worth it? Happy to help or discuss my collection etc.

Best regards
IanB
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
While I'm not a fan of FL, the packaging is quite attractive. Don't currently have this sealed or we could barter.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3444 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Ian

I think you are probably being too modest. However, I did suggest to Richard K., that some form of Tenyo talk or presentation at the upcoming Genii bash would be great. Perhaps you and Richard should talk... I know that would convince me to sign up for the convention and perhaps a few more Tenyo fans here.

Cheers,

John
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 09:03, IanB wrote:
PM'd you with the magic museum contact details that's cool. Hope you get the floating lady they had.

Best regards
IanB

Thanks Ian.

Sent them an email right away.

I appreciate the info Houdini. Thanks Smile.

I know it may not be considered to be "the" Tenyo item, but for some reason, I like it Smile. I admit if I find a sealed one, I will not open it. I know crazy, but with certain Tenyo's I try to have one unopened and one opened to perform with.

If I get the sealed one, I will try to locate a gently used one and perform with that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Blackpool (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL