The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The New Tutorials by Oz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yes, but those are his.
Yours,

Ivan
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
And yet, as strange as this seems, you folks are oddly subdued about this. The taking of old effects, renaming them and selling them surely must be wrong at one level or another. This seems oddly reminiscent of another company I recall doing the same thing and getting crucified for it, yet all that's happening here is WELL SHORT of anything close to that same third degree which everyone seems to think that was well deserved.

It's nice to know that hypocrisy (Did I spell that right) knows all walks of life.

David.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
When Ellusionist did the very same thing of renaming old effectrs with no credits they were crucified here. The same should apply to anybody else.
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I agree, honestly. Just because Penguin has been, I believe, a reputable dealer in certain arenas does not excuse this behavior. I mean, listening to many of us talk when Ellusionist comes up, not crediting is akin to killing your father in his sleep (or worse). And yet here we are saying "oh, well, this isn't good. They shouldn't do this."

I guess this does signify that Ellusionist is successful, as people rarely copy a business model that is failing. For those of us that have seen them...Even the MUSIC in the vids is similar...how sad.

One thing I completely fail to understand: why bother changing the names?! The newbies these effects are being aimed at wouldn't know the difference, and those of us who have been around for awhile certainly do...I guess I fail to see the logic there. I mean...I don't think it delayed any of us in realizing that these were stolen effects just because the names changed..."Hmmm..it LOOKS like Crazy Man's Handcuffs...but it's got a different name...how odd." I mean, really, just WHAT is the point?

blah.

Interestingly, they do now have a somewhat flimsy credit up on the product page for Quantum Bandits...I wonder, what would Sankey think of it? Y'know, if suddenly for $6.95 you could download "Quantum Paperclip?" Maybe we should contact Jay, Paul Harris, etc...
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Haha, simply because they wanna take credit for it. And when these newbies who have to spend $30+ dollars on other vids with 'Crazy Man's Handcuffs' they are gonna say 'Whoaz, this guy copied it from penguin'. Which will then lead to their complete faith in Penguin Magic... well at least that's what I think. And I don't really like it...
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
BathTub
View Profile
Regular user
Wellington, NZ
102 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Well it is very clear that you guys aren't reading the PM thread, since they specifically respond to the questions people keep asking.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
It doesn't matter what they respond. there is no excuse.

Sorry.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I think that Oz should stop making tutorials on old principles and start making tutorials that are his OWN stuff. Stuff like Red Hot Mamacita and Ultimate Ace Assembly on a tutorial is ok, but the oher stuff he should just Stop because it's wrong to sell the secret for $5 or so.
Tripwire
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Tripwire
The PM excuse for renaming the effects is especially lame. There basically is no really justifiable reason for renaming the work of others when you offer it up for resale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The New Tutorials by Oz (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL